Rhoads Control Plate size/dimensions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rhoads Control Plate size/dimensions?

Could someone give me exact dimensions/side lengths of genuine Jackson Rhoads control plate? Side lengths I mean.

I´m trying to make a white "fake" control plate for my RRXMG and I would like to make it as close as possible to the real thing.

I don´t think there are white control plates for RRXMG (3 pots, 3-way lever switch) available, so if I would like to see how it looks like I have to make it myself.
    My Jacksons: RR1 x2, RR Pro, Soloist Pro, RRXMG x2, SDX, JS32RR

if you just want to see how it looks, you could mock one up out of paper. And if you screw it up, grab another sheet
    Hail yesterday

Comment

www.fretsonthenet.com

He'll make ya one, and is a fellow JCF'r too.
      "Today, I shat a brown monolith ..majestic enough for gods to stand upon" BillZ aka horns666

Comment

If you don't want to do the paper thing, take some thread and cut it to length on each side, then measure the thread.
        GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

What I meant with "fake" is that there would be no control cavity under the plate. I have no plate to measure. I was hoping that someone who owns a "front loaded" RR3, RR5 or RR1 could measure control plate´s sides. I have tried to figure out dimensions from few RR1 pictures but it is not so easy.

By the way, what is the usual color of control plate on a rhoads with black bridge and tuners?

Comment

Most of the ones I have seen have a control plate made from metal in the same color as the hardware, so in your case: black.

+1 to fretsonthenet.com. He'll most likely already have the dimensions and can make you a black metal one that's dead-on to the real deal.

Although...it's going to be really hard to perfectly align the holes in the mock plate with the holes drilled in the body for the controls. That, and I don't know if the shafts on the pots and the switch will be long enough to go through the body + the tickness of the mock plate either. Maybe if you switch the pots for long shaft ones, but then there's still the issue with the selector switch...do they make long shaft lever switches? You might cut out openings for the controls and mount the controls to the plate like they are on front-routed models to make it work.
            Last edited by DalyTek; 11-09-2011, 02:08 PM.
            My Gear: Stoneman SG-1, Hufschmid Tantalum H6, ESP KH-6, Sully #8 JCF One-Off, Templar GuitarWorks Relic Prototype, James Hetfield Tribal Hunt KL Explorer, Coobeetsa CCG-10-DX PRO Eagle, Schecter Hellraiser C-1 Hybrid, Daly Heiro Custom, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Gibson SG Menace, Peavey Vypyr 60 Tube

"You are dog shit in my shoe." -Newc

Comment

Why would you want to put a plate on a rear-loaded Rhoads that doesn't have one to begin with? Most people would rather have a Rhoads without one.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                Why would you want to put a plate on a rear-loaded Rhoads that doesn't have one to begin with? Most people would rather have a Rhoads without one.
                One reason is that this new RRXMG is bit too black...in a dark room it is difficult to find it. If it has a different color (perhaps white) control plate I would see where it is...

Second reason is that both Vinnie Vincent and Kirk Hammett had a rhoads with a plate and I like more those front-loaded RR´s.

I would like to do the plate myself and without permanent fixings (without extra screw holes on the guitar body). If it looks stupid, then I can remove it without any damage done.

Comment

Originally posted by Zedder View Post
                  One reason is that this new RRXMG is bit too black...in a dark room it is difficult to find it. If it has a different color (perhaps white) control plate I would see where it is...
                  glow in the dark truss rod cover?
                  Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
                    glow in the dark truss rod cover?
                    That would ROCK!
                    My Gear: Stoneman SG-1, Hufschmid Tantalum H6, ESP KH-6, Sully #8 JCF One-Off, Templar GuitarWorks Relic Prototype, James Hetfield Tribal Hunt KL Explorer, Coobeetsa CCG-10-DX PRO Eagle, Schecter Hellraiser C-1 Hybrid, Daly Heiro Custom, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Gibson SG Menace, Peavey Vypyr 60 Tube

"You are dog shit in my shoe." -Newc

Comment

Make one out of vinyl sticker like they use for back rounds on dirt bike number plates. It would be cheap and easy to remove if you get tired of it.
                      I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

I made two control plates but they're both a bit offset ... but really just a bit ... I made a paper template of a jackson RR3 control plate 10 minutes before I sold that guitar ... if you want you can pm me and I'll send you a scanned document of the control plates ...

Comment

I got original Jackson part and it´s dimensions are: 28,5 cm x 23,4 cm x 9,2 cm.

Potentiometers on a RRXMG are in same place as on RR1/RR3/RR5 and plate fits then very nicely and installation was easy thing to do. I only had to replace blade type pickup switch with a toggle type switch. Did little bit soldering and drilled one hole for new switch and added 3 small wood screws and it was done.

Comment

Pics?

Comment

Originally posted by jdr94 View Post
                              Pics?
                              Here is one:

http://s1237.photobucket.com/albums/...ntrolPlate.jpg

Comment

Working...
                              X