Name this Floyd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Name this Floyd

I'm looking to pick up a guitar with this in it. Lefty jokes aside Any ideas? I'm guessing not a OFR?

Last edited by MetalDaze; 11-04-2011, 05:02 PM.

Looks like a lefty OFR to me...
    My Gear: Stoneman SG-1, Hufschmid Tantalum H6, ESP KH-6, Sully #8 JCF One-Off, Templar GuitarWorks Relic Prototype, James Hetfield Tribal Hunt KL Explorer, Coobeetsa CCG-10-DX PRO Eagle, Schecter Hellraiser C-1 Hybrid, Daly Heiro Custom, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Gibson SG Menace, Peavey Vypyr 60 Tube

"You are dog shit in my shoe." -Newc

Comment

Same here.

Comment

Guess this game is over?

Comment

For some reason, I thought the word original was supposed to be stamped on there somewhere. Maybe I've worked too hard this week?

Comment

I think there was a short time when they did have "original" on them, but for the most part they haven't.

Comment

I'd call it Dave.

Sorry.
              It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
              ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

I wil say Floyd the barber from Andy Griffith.

"clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Ok, I'll believe you guys. I just got home and checked out all of my guitars with OFR's:

1989 Carvin DC145
                  2005 CS Dinky
                  2010 RR1
                  2011 KV2
                  2008 ESP M-II

...and they all are stamped Floyd Rose Original. Maybe it's a lefty thing.

Comment

Looks like an older Original Floys Rose trem. That was before they started stamping Original on them.

Comment

Originally posted by MetalDaze View Post
                      Ok, I'll believe you guys. I just got home and checked out all of my guitars with OFR's:

1989 Carvin DC145
                      2005 CS Dinky
                      2010 RR1
                      2011 KV2
                      2008 ESP M-II

Wow, that's surprising.
                      I've never had an OFR that actually had the word "Original" stamped on it. I've seen them, but all the OFR trems I have had just said "Floyd Rose" on them.
                      ...Oh, and none were lefty either.

Call it an "Old-riginal Floyd Rose" and enjoy it!
                      My Gear: Stoneman SG-1, Hufschmid Tantalum H6, ESP KH-6, Sully #8 JCF One-Off, Templar GuitarWorks Relic Prototype, James Hetfield Tribal Hunt KL Explorer, Coobeetsa CCG-10-DX PRO Eagle, Schecter Hellraiser C-1 Hybrid, Daly Heiro Custom, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Gibson SG Menace, Peavey Vypyr 60 Tube

"You are dog shit in my shoe." -Newc

Comment

No issues with this FR. I've never had one that said "Original" on it and I've used them since the early 80's. Does it have "Made in Germany" stamped on the bottom of the baseplate? If you buy it post a better pic of the logo in this thread...

Comment

Originally posted by MetalDaze View Post

1989 Carvin DC145
                          2005 CS Dinky
                          2010 RR1
                          2011 KV2
                          2008 ESP M-II

All of mine just say Floyd Rose. I've seen the ones with Original on ebay here and there.

Think about it. Do you really think for the first few year Floyds had the word Original on them? Original didn't show up until late in the game when the patent(s) died out.

Comment

I thought the "Original" started to show up on them when Fender bought the Floyd rights after Kramer. I could be wrong, though.
                            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

If it's Made in Germany - it's all good bro.

Comment

Working...
                              X