waterslide decals for charvel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• waterslide decals for charvel

hi guys, i just bought a model 6 here. it's a project. a repaint is required and some other work (1st seller filled the toggle switch holes). if i get it repainted i'll need a waterslide decal. does anyone know where i can get one? in my search, i found that dg posted this place: http://www.best-decals.com/index.php...2e0087f4bd256c
    but i don't think it's a waterslide--looks vinyl, which mean the painter has to build up the clear pretty thick to make it smooth. found some other sites but all dead links now except this place, which is also vinyl: http://1stdecals.com/store/product_i...f43ce5605dbeda
    i would rather buy a waterslide. any suggestions?
    also the serial number on this model 6 is just a sticker :think: not sure how to hell i'm going to paint it back on again cuz the sticker will not be sticky anymore.
    has anyone else ran into these issues before? luv to hear how to solve these issues (w/o breaking the bank).
    thanks in advance.
    Last edited by moku; 11-02-2011, 08:37 PM.

A member here (Krimson) made a bunch of waterslides for me a while ago. I'm not sure if he's still set up to make them, but send him a PM.

Sully
    Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
    Sully Guitars on Facebook
    Sully Guitars on Google+
    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

thanks, sully. i'll pm him.

Comment

There is this dude on Harmony Central that does excellent work. His handle is vidiot72. He's made a few custom waterslides for me and I love them.
        MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

alvin, i'm not a member at HC.... do i need to be a member to contact the dude there?

Comment

If you are stuck but you have a printer and some appropriate UV stable, waterproof ink you can print them yourself. There is a site on the net where you can find all the logos out there, including a few Jack sons and Char vels as high quality EPS vector files (Will open in Photoshop) and you can whack up the resolution when you open the file in Photoshop, similar to opening a Pdf or something. Then all you need is some Waterslide paper to print on. Look up a Utube vid or a 'how to' or so to apply. This way you make damn sure the logo is the right size and everything is correct about it for the period of your guitar. Course it depends if you have photoshop or similar in the first plce though I guess.

They even had the red white and blue Bud weise er logo with all the text etc. so I can fine tune it for my Bud Star graphic before I send the body to the printers.
            You can't really be jealous of something you can't fathom.

Comment

Originally posted by moku View Post
              alvin, i'm not a member at HC.... do i need to be a member to contact the dude there?
              I will PM you his email address...
              MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

thanks, alvin. i emailed the dude.

i know the right size since i have the decal on the headstock:

... i guess i could trace it myself.
                as you see in the pic, the headstock binding is all gone, which i have to find.... don't know what size to get (see here), and the guitar in general needs work. i want to paint it white w/ matching headstock. if i can't get the decal i'll just buff the headstock and clear coat it black as is.

Comment

That one used to be mine!

Comment

Originally posted by Alvin_Wilson View Post
                    That one used to be mine!
                    wow. this guitar got around. i bought it from a member here not long ago. now are you the one who filled the damn toggle switches?

Comment

wow. this guitar got around. i bought it from a member here not long ago. now are you the one who filled the damn toggle switches?
                      You got it from John, John got it from me, and I got it from Daniel. No, the toggles were filled when I got it.

Comment

so daniel is the culprit?

he probably got it from someone else...

Comment

so daniel is the culprit?

he probably got it from someone else...
                          I don't think he did it, either. I can't wait to see it re-finished.

Comment

Working...
                          X