Repair or replace?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Repair or replace?

I think I may have shorted out my headphone cable. It has a micro stereo jack with a micro-1/4" jack adapter screwed onto it. I was adjusting it whilst it was plugged into the synth's h/p outlet , and now its dead. Took the 1/4" adapter off and plugged into my PC, dead too. The micro jack is sealed, so I the only way I could possibly get in there is to chop the end off, and put a replacement jack on, assuming I can seal the cable. Or should I just bin the cable and spend another £30 ?
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

What the heck is a micro 1/4" jack? Surely you mean 3.5 mm.

Comment

Micro TO 1/4" jack. Yes, I meant 3.5mm.
      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

I'd just solder a new plug on there:

http://www.amazon.com/Neutrik-NYS231.../dp/B0008JFHII

Comment

Done.
          Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

Working...
          X