2010 USA jackson sl2hmahq truss rod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2010 USA jackson sl2hmahq truss rod

Hey guys my guitar is brand new but the Ive got some buzz on my lower frets .....like the first, second and third frets. The odd thing is by tightening the truss rod, it corrects the problem but I'm afraid to tighten it too much because I just paid 3 grand.Does anyone have any experience with necks and the truss correcting this buzz by tightening instead of loosening it? thanks

I've never had that happen, and don't see how tightening could eliminate low fret buzz, loosening is the correct method. Are you sure you're turning the trussrod the right way (turning clockwise while you're looking down from neck to body tightens it - it's just like any other nut and bolt works).

Anyway, new or not if it needs tweaked, go for it - it shouldn't need massive movements to do the trick.

Comment

how would I know if its damaged. like what can the truss do that jackson neck if over tighten. Ive tried to loosening again and it makes it worse so Im just gonna take it a tech. Im really worried something is wrong with guitar.

Comment

Take it to a tech, and it'll be okay. Could be fret height related, which is okay and can be fixed. You're not going to ruin the neck with minor truss rod adjustments.
        Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
        Sully Guitars on Facebook
        Sully Guitars on Google+
        Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Working...
        X