v-trem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• v-trem

Many seem to think that it is impossible to get a v-trem to work without tuning problems. Well, this is not true. I have one on a Charvel Star with a pointy head, and it works perfect. Here is what you do:

1. Lube the nut/saddles with vaseline
    2. String the guitar, with the string locking itself. (see youtube or elsewhere) and stretch the strings heavily.
    3. Loosen the strings and lube them at the nut/saddel points.
    4. Tune the guitar.
    5. Alternate between using the trem and string bending, finetuning between the two. After tremolo use you finetune to allmost pitch, just slightly sharp. After bending you finetune to allmost pitch, just slightly flat. Do this over and over, and notice how the finetuning increments becomes smaller and smaller until the guitar is finally stable. I find that on my guitar the last step is to bend the strings, and then finetune to pitch.

You should be able to get it perfect. All that remains is to decide if you like the functionality of a v-trem over a floyd. I like the added sustain and the overall feeling of the v-trem, plus the added bonus of easily moving from normal to D-drop tuning, or other tunings.

If anyone has an original block for a v-trem, I need it as I broke mine...let me know!
    Last edited by soulquake; 10-14-2011, 07:05 AM.

Hmmm I've never tried that. You might be better off with a brass trem block, you'll forget the trem is even there.
    “On Ecstasy, Joan Rivers looks like Pamela Anderson, so imagine what Pamela Anderson looked like.”

Comment

Working...
    X