Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How High Should Flush Mounted Tremolo Be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How High Should Flush Mounted Tremolo Be?

Hi All,

Obviously, flush mounted means right on top without space, but I can't remember if the Charvel Guitars tremolo actually sits on top of the body...My project guitar has a Charvel pro mod neck with a Gotoh tremolo. The pocket is angle cut yet there's space under the tremolo. In this pic there's a 2mm space under the tremolo. It doesn't pull back much. I was thinking on taking a piece of wood and putting it between the tremolo block and body to block it and make it so it won't pull back at all. That way I can tighten the springs tighter and make tuning more stable.

dinkyguitar

That was about the same amount of space I had on my '05 Charvel Star (maybe a tiny bit higher). I just lowered the Floyd to the body for dive only and put shims under the saddles, but just blocking it will also be fine.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

That's fine, imo. Block it if you need to.
      Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
      Sully Guitars on Facebook
      Sully Guitars on Google+
      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Thanks guys...1 of my reasoning for blocking it, is that I feel the guitar will sustain and resonate more/better if the tremolo block makes full contact with the body...Is that right? Or is a smaller piece of wood between the block and body sufficient...

dinkyguitar

Comment

You'll notice a slight difference with the wood block, for sure.
          Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
          Sully Guitars on Facebook
          Sully Guitars on Google+
          Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Working...
          X