will 10 -52 strings in standard tuning warp kneck on guitar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• will 10 -52 strings in standard tuning warp kneck on guitar

hello i know i can get honest answers here from fellow guitar players, ... i have a jackson RX10D and i wanna put 10-52 on it and tune it in standard E, but i was told that using heavy gauge strings in standard tuning will warp the neck... is this true, i know i will need a setup witch i know how.. but i don't wanna warp the neck on my guitar
    Jackson RX10D
    Jackson JX10

short answer: NO

10-52 are not heavy gauge strings.

Comment

Originally posted by rebar71 View Post
      short answer: NO

10-52 are not heavy gauge strings.

thanks for the quick reply rebar..
      Jackson RX10D
      Jackson JX10

Comment

You'll need to add another spring to your trem though, 4 in total and readjust the tension on them when you re-tune. The PC1's come with that gauge and I switch them to 9-42 and need to take a spring out when I re-tuned my guitar. Just so you know.
        You paid for Platinum..But you're gonna get Gold! - horns666

Comment

Originally posted by SixstringKing View Post
          You'll need to add another spring to your trem though, 4 in total and readjust the tension on them when you re-tune. The PC1's come with that gauge and I switch them to 9-42 and need to take a spring out when I re-tuned my guitar. Just so you know.

thanks for that info also... Sixstring
          Jackson RX10D
          Jackson JX10

Comment

I've used 9-46 and 10-52 string packs and not had any problems. I've heard some people argue that since those sets have heavier tension on the bass strings, it could twist the neck. But I'm not aware of any firsthand examples. And if somebody has an example of a twisted neck with those strings....it may have nothing to do with the strings and be caused by some other factor.

Comment

LOL only if your neck is made of balsa.
              It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
              ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

I use 11's on my jackson rhoads and burny LPC and 12s on my ibanez. All in standard but I sometimes drop them, never once had a problem with the neck. Actually never even had to adjust the truss rod on any either.
                1986 Aria Pro II Elite II
                BC Rich NJ DLX Warlock bass
                82-84 Burny LPC
                90 Jackson Rhoads Pro
                06 Dean CFH x2
                11 Dean Rebel Custom
                06 Dean DOFlame
                09 Ibanez Xiphos XPT750
                Dean D100 Dime amp
                Eleven Rack
                79 Furman PQ6
                Peavey 6505+

Comment

thanks everyone once again for the info... looks like i am going to switch to 10-52
                  Jackson RX10D
                  Jackson JX10

Comment

Why do you need an extra spring? I have 11s on my kelly right now in standard tuning with 3 springs.
                    I'm going to give you the keys to the Lamborghini

Comment

I've been using extremely heavy hybrids in all my axes for years, never any warpage.
                      "Today, I shat a brown monolith ..majestic enough for gods to stand upon" BillZ aka horns666

Comment

And about the springs, my axes aren't the best examples, considering the gauge I use. But I did setup a Satch for a friend with 10-56 in Eb, and it needed a 4th spring. Mine all have 5.
                        "Today, I shat a brown monolith ..majestic enough for gods to stand upon" BillZ aka horns666

Comment

More springs=tighter trem, If you don't want more springs, screw the claw in further.
                          You may or may not need to adjust the truss rod, a heavier string guage may add more relief than you like. If so, adjust in 1/8 turns until it comes back into shape (flat/semi flat, some people like a little relief.) A guage would be a big help, but you can 'eyeball' the string and the neck (both high and low side) to assess an adjustment.
                          "illegal downloading saved people from having to buy that piece of shit you tried to pass off as music" - Nighbat

Comment

In my case, there wasn't enough claw range to compensate, thus added springs.

Comment

All my guitars each have 3 springs. 2 are tuned to E with 9-42's, 1 in D with 10-46's, and 1 in B with 12-56's. Does this mean I should be using 4 springs and 5 retrospectively on the 2 lower tuned guitars?
                              Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Working...
                              X