Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best TOM Bridge and Will a Jackson Steath Neck fit a Japanese Charvel Pro Mod?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best TOM Bridge and Will a Jackson Steath Neck fit a Japanese Charvel Pro Mod?

Been a bit slow puting my KNE Stars together, mainly because I've been sidetracked with a Red Black Bullseye Kramer project that came along...the thing is amazing, its quite bright, but it sustains more and is louder than any guitar I've ever played, probably due to the almost 1" thick maple neck, which I've shaved and light satined and alder body.Seriously can't wait to put a pup in that!

Anyway winters coming so I want to get these bodies up and painted ASAP.

Just wondering what the bext TOM Bridge available is. Ideally I'd like something quite wide and chunky, unlike a Nashville type. Best would be an Ibanez Gibraltar I, but I can't get the posts and they are too much one for what they are. Second best would be an old Jackson RR bridge (Not the JT390, but the older, chunkier one). But again rarity and price put them out of my league. Now you can guess what Stars I'm making....

I was looking at roller bridges by Gotoh or Gotoh Tonepros as they are quite chunky and allow more intonation adjustment, but don't know how the rollers will sound, or how I'II get on with them. Anyone have any experience or advice they want to share on the best Tom Bridge known to man and woman kind?

The other thing - Will a Jackson Stealth 22 fret neck fit a Charvel Pro mod body without shimming etc. Thinking about putting the neck on a White Japanese Style 1 2H model as it would look '80's awesome and the steath body is toast.

Thanks in advance.
    You can't really be jealous of something you can't fathom.
Working...
X