Advice on a hardtail bridge for project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice on a hardtail bridge for project

Hey guys,picked up a Warmoth alder soloist body on the bay.The pickup routes are done but nothing else.
    This project is gonna be a spare axe I keep at work so I'm gonna skimp on a few things.
    The finish will be tung oil,the neck will be a maple Charvel style neck from Musikraft.

All the guitars I own are Floyd Roses.In an effort to save money I want to go with something like a WIlkinson trem or tuneomatic.I simply don;t know what's reliable or good quality.

If anyone can make a recommendation i would appreciate it.Hope this is in the right section.
    Thanks for any help.

I love the string-thru fixed bridges that Charvel currently uses, but I wish I had a source for them.

Comment

My Soloist has a Gotoh TOM bridge and stop bar and I absolutely LOVE it!
      My Gear: Stoneman SG-1, Hufschmid Tantalum H6, ESP KH-6, Sully #8 JCF One-Off, Templar GuitarWorks Relic Prototype, James Hetfield Tribal Hunt KL Explorer, Coobeetsa CCG-10-DX PRO Eagle, Schecter Hellraiser C-1 Hybrid, Daly Heiro Custom, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Gibson SG Menace, Peavey Vypyr 60 Tube

"You are dog shit in my shoe." -Newc

Comment

Originally posted by DalyTek View Post
        My Soloist has a Gotoh TOM bridge and stop bar and I absolutely LOVE it!
        I have played a guitar like that before,I liked it but it felt awkward,would probably just take an hour to get used to it.
        I'll research it now and check it out,thanks.

Comment

Yeah, it felt a little odd to me at first too, as I was so used to a Floyd, but honestly, I prefer this guitar to my others that have the Floyd.
          It's like a Les Paul, but more comfortable and with an amazing neck.
          My Gear: Stoneman SG-1, Hufschmid Tantalum H6, ESP KH-6, Sully #8 JCF One-Off, Templar GuitarWorks Relic Prototype, James Hetfield Tribal Hunt KL Explorer, Coobeetsa CCG-10-DX PRO Eagle, Schecter Hellraiser C-1 Hybrid, Daly Heiro Custom, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Gibson SG Menace, Peavey Vypyr 60 Tube

"You are dog shit in my shoe." -Newc

Comment

I put a Kahler hard tail on a friends Ibanez (required routing) and I really liked the feel of it. I generally use only Floyd rose equipped guitars. Got it from Whammi world.
            I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

You do realize that an actual hardtail bridge looks like this?
              cy.JPG
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

been playing Floyds since '85. anytime I get a guitar that doesn't have a Floyd, I tell myself it'll be a nice change to have one that's different. after the honeymoon period, I end up installing a Floyd or getting rid of it because it doesn't have one.

maybe you can route it out for a more traditional Strat bridge, so that if/when you decide to pull the trigger on a Floyd, you're pretty much already there.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                  You do realize that an actual hardtail bridge looks like this?
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]2762[/ATTACH]
                  I do,and admit I know nothing about them.I just thought they looked simple and inexpensive.
                  I may look into the cost of getting a floyd routed,wanted to keep the cost down but i also want to enjoy playing it.

Comment

The gotoh tom is good from what I've read. And its dirt cheap since you wanna save money.

http://www.warmoth.com/Gotoh-Tune-O-Matic-C710.aspx
                    I'm going to give you the keys to the Lamborghini

Comment

Originally posted by prolead View Post
                      I do,and admit I know nothing about them.I just thought they looked simple and inexpensive.
                      I may look into the cost of getting a floyd routed,wanted to keep the cost down but i also want to enjoy playing it.
                      I only mentioned that because lots of people refer to hardtails as anything with a fixed bridge, and they're technically not actual hardtails.
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                        i only mentioned that because lots of people refer to hardtails as anything with a fixed bridge, and they're technically not actual hardtails.
                        amen!
                        "Yet, every little piss ant wanna' be death metal wiener will just carbon copy the next phase.." Kam Lee/Massacre

LEFTY METAL HEAD!

Comment

If overall height/profile is a concern, then go with a hardtail like Toejam says.
                          Also,hardtails are a bit easier to install/set-up. With a ToM bridge, there's a chance you may need to adjust the angle of how the neck meets the body in the neck pocket.

Comment

Ugh im confuzed

Comment

Is gibralter or whatever a brand or a type of fixed bridge? Just curious
                              I'm going to give you the keys to the Lamborghini

Comment

Working...
                              X