Thicker sounding pups for DK2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thicker sounding pups for DK2?

I have a DK2 which sounds kinda thin and sometimes shrill, thinking about switching out the stock HSS configuration pickups and putting in some Dimarzio Evolution pickups. I run Boomer 9's for strings and am looking for a thicker sound, with more attack and harmonics.
    Any suggestions?

I put a Super Distortion and PAF in my DK2M, and I'mpretty happy with them so far.

Comment

Originally posted by rdamaral View Post
      I put a Super Distortion and PAF in my DK2M, and I'mpretty happy with them so far.

I don't think that will help the OP with an HSS config.

Most people say put a Duncan Distortion in the bridge, and a pair of hot rails in the middle and neck.

Comment

Thicker strings will also make your sound thicker.
        I'm going to give you the keys to the Lamborghini

Comment

Try a Duncan Custom before the Distortion. The Distortion is essentially a ceramic JB. As you guessed, it's quite bright.
          I like EL34s.

Comment

The EVO is OK but for the question you`re asking it`s got nothing on the FRED though IMO... the original FRED that is!

I don`t ever know why Dimarzio tried to make an improvement on that particular pick up! I also read somewhere (on the internet lol) that Satch actually cut `Surfing With the Alien` on JB`s... but that`s just what I read!

When I get around to doing pup swaps on my Charvels the JB`s will coming out and the FRED`s will be going in!
            I will then take great pleasure in throwing those JB`s in the fucking bin!!!

Comment

You want thicker sound? Get an Invader and a 10-46 set.
              Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Tone zone or a super 3

Comment

Working...
                X