What the hell bridge is this..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What the hell bridge is this..

I dont have pics, but whats the model number designation for a Jackson branded trem unit with OFR style saddles and string lock screws??
    HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Jt-500 ?
    METAL, LIVE IT!

Comment

Jt-580. Not the jt-580 lp. I think they were used on the older dxmgs and some indian made guitars. Or it could be the jt-500 too. That one is a schaller clone that came on performers.

Comment

This was on a KV mutt at a pawn shop. Its been in there for years and they refuse to come down on the price below $450. KV Pro STD. neck, badly faded rosewood from being in the window for years. Dont know what the body actually is, but the neck plate is recent, stamped with a S/N starting in 96. The bridge was the bridge in question. Jackson stamped, looks just like an OFR, double locking, not single. I look at it every time Im in there and every time I look at it the less I think Id actually pay for it. It went down to $350 for a 1/2 price sale once(they WANT $699 for it ), even at $350, thats about $200 more than I think its worth with all the work Id have to do to that fret board and neck.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch View Post
          but the neck plate is recent, stamped with a S/N starting in 96.
          (not that recent)
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by Carbuff View Post
            Jt-580. Not the jt-580 lp. I think they were used on the older dxmgs and some indian made guitars. Or it could be the jt-500 too. That one is a schaller clone that came on performers.
            Sounds like the JT 580. It came on some of the early 90's professional series guitars. My old Rhoads EX Pro has one. Takeuchi made, just like the JT 580lps and LO TRS. My Washburn Dime 333 has one just like it, except it was branded "Washburn 600S".

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
              (not that recent)
              More recent than the neck suggests.

Comment

96 serials started in...... '96.

The trem sounds like the jt500 I had on my import Star. Looks just like an OFR, baseplate and all.
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                  96 serials started in...... '96.

The trem sounds like the jt500 I had on my import Star. Looks just like an OFR, baseplate and all.
                  Holy crap, the one year where Jackson S/Ns make sense. That would however make it a mutt like I thought as the KV Std. model ended in 95. I guess it could be a late assembly of left over parts, but its still in bad shape and not worth anywhere near their bottom dollar.

Comment

Jt-590.

Comment

Did it have the short stubby saddle screws or the longer ones? That's the easiest way to tell if its a Floyd Rose II style (JT 500/590) or a JT580/licensed original floyd rose.

Comment

Is this the trem in question?

jt580

Comment

Working...
                        X