Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Progress tonight installing Gotoh studs...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Progress tonight installing Gotoh studs...

Hi All,

For anyone interested in the Gotoh Floyd and how to install the bushings (on a new body) here you go:

I'm putting together a guitar with a Charvel Pro Mod neck and body from KnE guitars. The bushings were drilled for a Floyd so I needed to enlarge them. Performance Guitars was kind enough to answer all my questions especially letting me know to use an 11mm drill bit for the bushing holes.

My concern was how to enlarge the holes without F'ing up my guitar, so this is what I came up with. I took a 3/8" rod, since this was the size of my bushing holes, and cut it the same length was my 11mm drill bit. I put the rod into the drill press and lowered it into the bushing hole and clamped my body. Then I switched to my 11mm drill bit and started slowly. Once everything was good and even I proceded to drill. After both holes were done, I took my bushing out of the freezer, coated them very very lightly with tru-oil and used my drill press to drive them in...

This is me testing out my method before I actually did it...

Here's the bushings installed...

The angle of the pic makes themm look off, but it's straight....I'm happy everything came out good and I didn't F up my guitar...

dinkyguitar

That looks really nicely done, sir.
    My Gear: Stoneman SG-1, Hufschmid Tantalum H6, ESP KH-6, Sully #8 JCF One-Off, Templar GuitarWorks Relic Prototype, James Hetfield Tribal Hunt KL Explorer, Coobeetsa CCG-10-DX PRO Eagle, Schecter Hellraiser C-1 Hybrid, Daly Heiro Custom, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Gibson SG Menace, Peavey Vypyr 60 Tube

"You are dog shit in my shoe." -Newc

Comment

Working...
    X