Fixing/repairing extra tuner hole.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fixing/repairing extra tuner hole.

I have a NT guitar with a matching headstock(quilted maple).
    My problem is that the person who had it before me tried to make it a 7 string I guess.But they drilled an extra tuner hole.
    How should I go about getting the repair done, should I get the hole filled and get it painted black or should I get it filled and another piece of quilted maple put on the front side of it and then match the paint.
    Oh and it does have binding.
    It's really worth more to me fixed than the way it is and I know of a good luthier locally.I'm more worried about the repair than I am about the Logo,but that will be an issue also,it's a Jackson Stars.

You could dowel the whole and then get another piece of quilted maple and try to match the finish which would make for an interest project. I think the easiest option (and safest) would be just to paint it black. I'm assuming the logo is MOP, so in your position the first step would be to salvage it without damaging it and move on from there. Post some pics so we can assess the damage.
    It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
    ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

Working...
    X