King V Floyd nut?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• King V Floyd nut?

A friend of mine has inherited an old KV for a restoration project. It's a '93(?) Japanese Professional KV std - Boltneck with rosewood and dots. It has a JT580 trem, but someone's had the nut away. What we need to find out is what size nut does he need to order to replace it?

I believe that all Jacksons with a Floyd use the R3 nut.
    My Gear: Stoneman SG-1, Hufschmid Tantalum H6, ESP KH-6, Sully #8 JCF One-Off, Templar GuitarWorks Relic Prototype, James Hetfield Tribal Hunt KL Explorer, Coobeetsa CCG-10-DX PRO Eagle, Schecter Hellraiser C-1 Hybrid, Daly Heiro Custom, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Gibson SG Menace, Peavey Vypyr 60 Tube

"You are dog shit in my shoe." -Newc

Comment

Someone had an issue with this (Rich#6 maybe??). The height of the import one that comes with the JT580's was different I think. Hopefully they'll see this and chime in.
      Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

I think the import nuts are shorter than your OFR R3 nut.

Comment

I actually have an EX Pro project I'm working on so I actually have a neck from this production era on hand. My EX Pro neck is an R4 nut, just like my RR3 (nuts are indentical, except at some point Jackson started stamping "RH43" on the bottom of the nut). KV standards are unbound, so it should use an R4. An R3 would be fine as well, but the strings will be closer together. Even all the import bound necks I've taken apart have had the RH43 nut on them.

Jackson import nuts are quite a bit thinner than Schaller nuts or even other licensed nuts, so you might have to either file the nut shelf down or file the nut down. you can usually find used Jackson import nuts on Ebay for between $10-15. Here is a Chrome one for $9 BIN.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jackson-BH43...ht_2238wt_1270

Comment

He ended up ordering an R4, and it fits perfectly! Thanks for your help guys

Comment

Glad it worked out!

Comment

Working...
              X