V-picks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-picks

Anyone uses them ? I'm buying stilleto soon, since it's realy similar to Jazz III. Just wanted to ask - are they realy worth money and how long they last ?

I have several of them. I haven't tried any of the ridiculously thick high priced ones, but the ones I have are made very well and are worth the price.
    Vinni is a great guy too. Not sure on the longevity of them, as I have only had them for a few months.
    My Gear: Stoneman SG-1, Hufschmid Tantalum H6, ESP KH-6, Sully #8 JCF One-Off, Templar GuitarWorks Relic Prototype, James Hetfield Tribal Hunt KL Explorer, Coobeetsa CCG-10-DX PRO Eagle, Schecter Hellraiser C-1 Hybrid, Daly Heiro Custom, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Gibson SG Menace, Peavey Vypyr 60 Tube

"You are dog shit in my shoe." -Newc

Comment

If you like the Jazz III then try a Dunlop 205! They are serious for shredding, they glide across the string with lightening speed and are the same price. Best pick ever. IMO

Comment

Originally posted by SHREDINATOR View Post
        If you like the Jazz III then try a Dunlop 205! They are serious for shredding, they glide across the string with lightening speed and are the same price. Best pick ever. IMO
        Thanks for tip.Might try it out.

So anyone else can add something about V-picks ?

Comment

Try different ones. Used Jazz III so I tried small pointy V picks. Now I used the medium pointy. A bit large for my taste but they seem more pointed, definitely faster and larger tone than the smaller ones. So I am getting used to the medium size. Best picks I have tried.
          PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

Fuck it, Ill jump in the ring here. I use the Jazz III Tortex, black, or the small Jazz III regular in red(non Tortex). They take FOREVER to grind down. The red non Tortex IIIs have better grip but are a bit thicker than the black Tortex IIIs. Dont get anything thinner than the Purple M3s, or the black 1.14mm. The green for instance, youll have ground round in a matter of a couple of hours. The blacks and the purples seem to last weeks.
            HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

So I ordered 2 Stilletos. I realy wanna give 'em a test drive.

Comment

FWIW I have been using them for about 2 years now like the glow in the dark ones. love them.
                http://www.facebook.com/HairRaidBand

Comment

Do these have a thin tortex that last? I use dunlop orange tortex and they don't last at all

(Although I do practice at least 2-3 hours a day on 11-12ga strings, so should they last?)
                  Last edited by TKEblue; 09-07-2011, 12:45 PM.
                  I'm going to give you the keys to the Lamborghini

Comment

Well, apparently color doesnt mean shit to Jim Dunlop anymore and theyve pretty much done away with the "L", "M", "H" nomenclature.

Anyhow, heres what Ive been using lately: http://www.jimdunlop.com/product/Tor...Black-Jazz-III The 1.14 mm.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch View Post
                      Well, apparently color doesnt mean shit to Jim Dunlop anymore and theyve pretty much done away with the "L", "M", "H" nomenclature.

Anyhow, heres what Ive been using lately: http://www.jimdunlop.com/product/Tor...Black-Jazz-III The 1.14 mm.

Really? The place I buy mine are colors for sizes, maybe they're still sitting on old stock tho. Orange is .6mm I believe. I can't play for shit with thicker picks.

- must be old stock cos they don't even have the ones I use on their site. They're orange .60 that are shaped the same as the one you linked. Not the curved orange .60s they have on the site.

Yours last? Because I get maybe a few days on mine before the point is rounded off.
                      Last edited by TKEblue; 09-07-2011, 02:53 PM.
                      I'm going to give you the keys to the Lamborghini

Comment

Originally posted by TKEblue View Post
                        Really? The place I buy mine are colors for sizes, maybe they're still sitting on old stock tho. Orange is .6mm I believe. I can't play for shit with thicker picks.
                        Maybe, the ones I posted a link to are black in all sizes. They used to be the same color codes as the Tortex standard line, but not anymore. The Tortex Jazz IIIs are all black now, no matter the gauge. Anyhow, as far as your thins picks wearing out quickly, thats just what youll have to deal with until you get into the .88 range. I was still dulling those every week or so, until I switched to the 1mm and then the 1.14mm which seem to last almost a life time.
                        Last edited by Twitch; 09-07-2011, 02:59 PM.

Comment

Well, I started my shred journey with black Jazz III and so far it was the best pick for me. No other could compare to it. I just feel it's time to try something different and maybe I will find something even better.

Comment

The thing I hate about V-Picks... loosing them or not being able to see them if you drop one. Also, they don't bend, they shatter. I used them for a while but, ended going back to red Jazz III's.
                            Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

Originally posted by nateb View Post
                              The thing I hate about V-Picks... loosing them or not being able to see them if you drop one. Also, they don't bend, they shatter. I used them for a while but, ended going back to red Jazz III's.
                              That's where the glow-in-the-dark ones come in handy. The "Pearly Gates" ones are pretty hard to lose too. Haven't had one break on me yet, but I don't use the thin ones either...
                              My Gear: Stoneman SG-1, Hufschmid Tantalum H6, ESP KH-6, Sully #8 JCF One-Off, Templar GuitarWorks Relic Prototype, James Hetfield Tribal Hunt KL Explorer, Coobeetsa CCG-10-DX PRO Eagle, Schecter Hellraiser C-1 Hybrid, Daly Heiro Custom, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Gibson SG Menace, Peavey Vypyr 60 Tube

"You are dog shit in my shoe." -Newc

Comment

Working...
                              X