No announcement yet.

Seeking advice from experienced guitar builders/assemblers - Warmoth assembly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seeking advice from experienced guitar builders/assemblers - Warmoth assembly

Hi guys:

After giving a lot of thought to it, I've decided to purchase a body and neck from Warmoth for a guitar assembly. I'm going to go for something similar to a Gibson Les Paul Custom Neil Schon Model guitar. I know that with Warmoth my choices are limited to a bolt-on, but I'm fine with it. Before I go ahead with ordering the body and neck, I would like to have some input on the following:

1. Does anyone know if it's possible to get a thinner Les Paul body version from Warmoth? I'm thinking something similar to an ESP Eclipse mode or even a Les Paul Custom Lite. I can always ask Warmoth, but would like to know before order the parts. If this is not an option that's ok with me.

2. My intention is to order a mahogany body. I want to have it finished in some sort of salmon pink/fiesta red color. Would I need to add some sort of maple cap to do this or not.

3. Since the body will be mahogany, and keeping in mind hat there is a possibility that a maple cap will be addded, waht kind of wood do you recommend for the neck, mahogany or maple? I'm going to go for an ebony fretboard and the guitar will have a floyd rose trem (non-recessed).

4. Both the guitar and neck will have white binding. I understand that Warmoth does not offer headstock binding. Would it be possible to send the neck later to a luthier to add binding to the headstock?

Any feedback to this questions will be greatly appreciated.

I don't think Warmoth does thick bodies to begin with, so that's taken care of.
    I'd go with a mahogany neck just for the darker tone.
    Any skilled luthier can route the head for binding, but the extra cost may not be worth it.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
    X