Dunlop Strap Lock Screws

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dunlop Strap Lock Screws

So, if you have the Dunlop strap locks and need a new narrow head screw in a pinch listen up.

I just performed what Im about to explain 20 minutes ago, it went without a hitch.

Stuff Youll Need:
    1 Variable speed drill
    1 Normal everyday strap button screw, one thats just too big to fit down the barrel of the Dunlop strap button
    1 Piece of 220 or similar grit sand paper, roughly 2in X 2in
    1 Table or any hard, flat surface

1. Take the strap button screw and insert the tip of the screw just into the chuck of the drill, tighten it down just enough to hold it securely.

2. Next, put you 2x2 sand paper so its parallel to the edge of your hard surface almost even with the edge.

3. Bring the screw head where the shaft of the screw is parallel with the hard surface.

4. Power the drill about half speed, or whatever feels comfortable to you, and using a back and forth motion, run the head of the screw on the sand paper.
    Do this for about 10 to 15 seconds at a time and check to see if the head of the screw will now fit down the barrel of the Dunlop strap button.

Repeat steps 3 and 4 until the head of the screw fits down the barrel smoothly with no resistance. It took me about 2 minutes to get mine done.

Hope this helps someone.
    HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

necessity really is the mother of invention. Great info! this could have saved me some headaches about 10 years ago. I have been there.
    "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Working...
    X