Products for ebony?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Products for ebony?

Hey guys, what is the best product for keeping the ebony on my KV2 looking good etc? I see people posting they oiled the fret board etc but what are yall using and where can I get some?

I use Fret Doctor.

http://www.beafifer.com/boredoctor.htm

I bought the bigger bottle (60ml) about four years ago. I currently own 5 non maple boarded guitars, and I'm not even a 1/4 of the way through the bottle, with at about 4 applications on each guitar/year.

Hope this helps,
    QR
    Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

Go to the drug store and look on the Laxatives aisle for Mineral Oil. You can get a lifetime supply for an army of guitar for about $7. Apply sparingly, let it sit for 5 minutes, buff to a nice gloss.

Comment

Originally posted by QuantumRider View Post
        THIS..... I recommend it very highly! It's all I use on Ebony boards(rosewood too!). I have never used anything else that comes close. And will not put anything else on a guitar again.
        Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

+1 on the Fret Doctor.

I've used it for about 6 years now on all my guitars with ebony or rosewood boards. I haven't found anything that works as good.

Comment

+1 on the Fret Dr. It's good for rosewood as well. I bought my supply in 2007 and still have plenty left. As mentioned a few application a year and you should be good to go.

Comment

I use this...

http://www.amazon.com/Dunlop-D6502-G.../dp/B0002E1I2I
              GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

FretDoctor user here too...good shit
                shawnlutz.com

Comment

dunlop lemon oil is good

Comment

I used Selmer clarinet bore oil for years. But the bottle is almost empty, so I ordered the big bottle of Fret Doctor. Pricey, but seems to be really good stuff.

Comment

I use simple Dunlop lemon oil. I know I can get it cheaper, but the applicator tip is quite nice and I've got a bunch.
                      I like EL34s.

Comment

Has anyone tried Gerlitz guitar honey? Is Fret Doctor better? I've been using Gerlitz Guitar Honet on my rosewood boards and it's worked well for me. Darkens the rosewood nicely too. I'm curious as to the other products out there, though.

Comment

When my bottle of lemon oil is empty I will try fret doctor.I have used it and yes its a great product.
                          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Another +1 for Fret Doctor. Anyone know what the shelf life is for Fret Doctor? I've got a bottle that I've been going through for a few years now.
                            "You are so stupid that I am surprised you have not collapsed into a singularity of stupidity." - Anon

Comment

Ernie Ball Wonder Wipes. Cuz I'm lazy.
                              Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Working...
                              X