Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Plugging a bass into guitar stuff help???...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plugging a bass into guitar stuff help???...

Hi all,

Noob here again...

I got a new bass player coming `round to my place to see if we can get some stuff sorted...

I don`t think his 650W rig is quite appropriate for this particular ocossian so my Q is...

Can he safely plug into my Tonelab ST and run it through my apple mac and computer stereo speakers??? Can this be done safely???

I`ve also got some small practice amps here but I`ve had some bad experiences in the past running basses though this sort of stuff... hence the reason for my Q

Any help?

Thanks in advance...
    NOOB!

I wouldn't - it could be very hard on the speakers.

Comment

If the tonelab has a headphone out then you could safely run the computer speakers with that, but you are going to want to keep the volumes low unless your computer speakers also have a subwoofer to handle the low stuff.
      GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
        If the tonelab has a headphone out then you could safely run the computer speakers with that, but you are going to want to keep the volumes low unless your computer speakers also have a subwoofer to handle the low stuff.
        +1 - Safety-wise, if there is a headphone jack, you're fine. Sound-wise, will most likely sound like crap unless you have some killer computer speakers.
        My Gear: Stoneman SG-1, Hufschmid Tantalum H6, ESP KH-6, Sully #8 JCF One-Off, Templar GuitarWorks Relic Prototype, James Hetfield Tribal Hunt KL Explorer, Coobeetsa CCG-10-DX PRO Eagle, Schecter Hellraiser C-1 Hybrid, Daly Heiro Custom, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Gibson SG Menace, Peavey Vypyr 60 Tube

"You are dog shit in my shoe." -Newc

Comment

Thanks all for your replies...

I forgot to mention...
          My tonelab has a valve in it. Is it still gonna be safe to run this dudes bass axe through it and into my ass-kicker computer speakers via the headphone jack???

Edit [ would`nt shed any tears about blowing my computer speakers, I just don`t wanna blow my tonelab]

Thanks again in advance,
          NOOB
          Last edited by Mr Sandman; 08-30-2011, 03:01 AM.

Comment

If you got a home stereo you might be able to try that? My friend has a sony that can take a bass plugged into it.

Comment

It's perfectly safe. When you listen to music with bass guitar do your speakers blow out? No, so what would be the problem with monitoring bass with them? Your Tonelab should be fine, a bass guitar is just a guitar at the end of the day albeit with a frequency range that spans lower frequencies.
              It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
              ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

Thanks again guys...

I`ve had some bad experiences in the past due my lack of equipment knowledge hence the question...

Thanks for your repiles,
                ROCK ON!!!

Comment

As long as you are running out of the headphone jack to the speakers you are fine. What you wouldn't want to do is run the output of an amp into them.
                  GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Working...
                  X