Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pickup wiring

Hey guys!

So according to ups tracking my blackouts will be here tomorrow and im going to put them in my dinky and im putting the jb jazz in my LP atm.

Im a little confused atm tho, because the epiphone pickups were 2 wire and the duncans are 5 wire.

The epiphone pickups had 1going to the top of the pot and 1the going to the tab on the side. In the dinky I have 2 going to the top of the pot, 1 going to the switch, and 2 taped up.

So when wiring them in the epi which wire goes on the top and which goes on the side?

Sorry if its inappropriate for me to post this here, I was unsure.
    I'm going to give you the keys to the Lamborghini

This is the place. If they are new they should come with wiring instructions. If they dont the SD site should.
    HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

guitarelectronics.com

Red and white tape together,Green and bare solder together and solder to the back of the pot(ground) Black is hot to the lug on the pot where your original hot lead was.
      Last edited by straycat; 08-24-2011, 12:29 AM.
      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Opposite to the OLD Jackson pickups

Comment

Thanks guys, it works. my first pickup swap. now just waiting for the new nut to arrive so I can see how she sounds. Then soon I think ima get planet waves tuners and a gotoh bridge and some good pots. Any recommendations?

Comment

Nice job! How do you like the sound?

Though I ditched actives and went back to passives, the SD kit came with new pots and everything. That was two years ago. Not sure if they do that now.

Sounds like you've picked out your brand of bridge, I believe CTS are probably the most common pots used due to availability and decent reliability.

Edit: Duh, missed that you were looking to wire the old stuff into your Epi. Looks like Straycat set you straight though. Good deal.
            Last edited by Xyrium; 08-24-2011, 09:53 PM.

Comment

Just got the blackouts in and they sound great at low volumes. Its 2 am so I can't crank it up right now but tomorrow, the neighbors better be ready. Lol I also did a fret polish and cleaned and oiled the fingerboard so she's playing like a champ.

Tomorrow night ima do the same for the LP plus put on the new nut, its already like a whole different guitar since I thinned up the neck, took off about 3 or 4mm I think. Just sanded till the thickness felt right and then smoothed it all out then had a few other people play it to make sure it felt even to them too.

Comment

Wow, great work there. I was considering doing the same to both of my soloists so that they match the feel of my model 6. The model 6 falls nicely in my hand. Even though I believe they are both spec'd the same, there's certainly a difference. I measured the width with calipers and they were almost identical, so it must be the thickness/shape.

Comment

Working...
                X