Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson JS1-locking tuner advice.

Guys,

Any idea on which locking tuners would be best for a Jackson JS series guitar? Im on a slight budget,so what would you recommend? Obviously,they will need to fit a Jackson JS with a reverse H/S.

Also,do all locking tuners have two holes in the post? How do they work?

Lee

This is an easy one.
    http://www.dragonfireguitars.com/pro...roducts_id=460

No, they don't all work with 2 holes in the post. Some do. The ones with 2 holes you put the string through the hole, then wrap 1/2 turn and put it through the other hole. This give the string "bite" on the post, then you bring it up to pitch.

The ones I linked to work like the Sperzel locking tuners. You put the string through the hole, then tighten the thumbwheel on the back. This drives a pin into the string, locking it in place, then you just bring it up to pitch. The linked ones are for left-handed (or reverse headstock) guitars, and are black.
    My Gear: Stoneman SG-1, Hufschmid Tantalum H6, ESP KH-6, Sully #8 JCF One-Off, Templar GuitarWorks Relic Prototype, James Hetfield Tribal Hunt KL Explorer, Coobeetsa CCG-10-DX PRO Eagle, Schecter Hellraiser C-1 Hybrid, Daly Heiro Custom, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Gibson SG Menace, Peavey Vypyr 60 Tube

"You are dog shit in my shoe." -Newc

Comment

My best advice to learn more about floyd rose's, or guitar's in general would be to do like I (and many other people before me) have. Look on e-bay at guitars, and learn what goes in them, google it, and go into music stores and ask TONS of questions. We all had to start somewhere. As far as locking tuners on a js series, I would recommend GOTOH tuners. Other wise I would just go with a locking bridge, and use the nut. (this is what I do.

Comment

asylumguitarist, you make a good point there. The only thing is we don't know what model his JS-series guitar is. Many of them do not have double-locking tremolos.
        If he's got a vintage style trem or a Tune-O-Matic, then he doesn't have a locking nut to work with, so locking tuners are a good way to go.

Gotoh are good locking tuners, but he said he's on a budget. The locking tuners I linked to work quite well and are less than half the cost of Gotoh or Sperzel versions.
        My Gear: Stoneman SG-1, Hufschmid Tantalum H6, ESP KH-6, Sully #8 JCF One-Off, Templar GuitarWorks Relic Prototype, James Hetfield Tribal Hunt KL Explorer, Coobeetsa CCG-10-DX PRO Eagle, Schecter Hellraiser C-1 Hybrid, Daly Heiro Custom, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Gibson SG Menace, Peavey Vypyr 60 Tube

"You are dog shit in my shoe." -Newc

Comment

I am in the process of putting these on all my guitars...

http://www.warmoth.com/Schaller-Mini...ners-C726.aspx
          GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Planet waves for me:

http://www.jcfonline.com/threads/645...ers!-They-work!
            JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
            Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

Working...
            X