Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What kind (size) of bridge is on a Jackson Sl2ht (limited run)??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What kind (size) of bridge is on a Jackson Sl2ht (limited run)??

Hi all!

I have a question for you Jackson experts! Could you tell me what kind/size of bridge is on the Jackson SL2ht (fixed bridge) model? I have a limited run chlorine burst with gold hardware that I want to install the Ghost piezo system on. Graphtech sells replacement bridges but they have 4mm and 6mm ones and I'm not sure which would be a direct replacement.

http://www.graphtech.com/products.html?SubCategoryID=87

I really don't trust the old ruler I found in the basement haha, and I couldnt find anything on the Jackson website....so I have come here hoping some of you folks would know.

Thanks so much!!

I'm going by memory here, but I think it is a Gotoh JT390. I think the size refers to the post sizes. I believe the 6mm posts are the ones with the screwdriver slot for easy height adjustment, and the 4mm posts are the smaller non-slotted type.

I've got the same chlorine limited that you do, and it has the 6mm slotted posts. I have a Les Paul that has the 4mm posts with no screw slot.

Comment

The correct bridge for your SL2HT is the 6mm option. With a gold finish and ghost saddles you need the PN-8863-G0. Here is a link

http://www.graphtech.com/product-360-2/

Comment

Just curious. Which SL2ht limited run are you guys talking about? Can someone post a picture?

Comment

I assume it is the same run as the OP, but I could be wrong. From what I was told in 2004 they did a limited edition run of chlorine hardtail soloists, 10 with painted necks & 12 with oiled necks. They are numbered individually. I have #4/10 of the painted neck run. They are string through hardtail, EMG 81/85, gold hardware, and chlorine flame maple top.
          PICT0866.jpg

PICT0867.jpg

Comment

Sweet! Very classy looking. Was the run started here on the JCF or was it Guitar Express perhaps? I'm a bit foggy with the details.

Comment

Working...
            X