snakeskin a guitar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• snakeskin a guitar?

has anyone tried to snakeskin a guitar body? any tips? i'm looking at this snakeskin vinyl fabric: http://www.ebay.com/itm/330150362668...84.m1438.l2649

i have a beat up model 4; some idiot gouged out the kahler trem cavity to fit an after market crappy trem, but i got the guitar for cheap. so instead of buying another charvel model 4 body to finish up a project or have one made, i decided to cover up the beat up one i have and keep the guitar. i figure snakeskin could be fun, if i don't mess it up.

there's a dude on ebay who does this (according to him, for 15 yrs) for $150 if you provide the body, but i figure i can give it a shot myself?

i was thinking of covering the whole body or just the top (the body i have is red, if i cover just the top then i'll have to paint the back and sides black i guess). what do you guys think? i couldn't find any youtube tutorials on how to do it. i was just going to fill the gouge, sand the body so the glue would grab. does anyone have tips on how to wrap the sides of the body (which are contoured/rounded) or suggestions on the type of glue and stuff?

thanks!

Onion sacks and an air brush.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

i heard of that approach but the model 4 body is all gouged up.... i'd post a pic but i'm afraid ppl would just throw up or crack up so i was thinking of just wrap it....

Comment

Working...
      X