EMG diagram needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EMG diagram needed

I need the old school diagram for an 85/SA/SA set up.
    My soloist has the hard wired set and all EMG lists is the new stuff which is no help at all.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Ummmm. Braid to ground, inner hot lead to hot?
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Try this link: it is a little different than a soloist but with some cerebral impulses you'll eventually sort it out. http://www.emginc.com/content/wiring.../EMG-Strat.pdf Maybe you can use the 85 for the bottom pickup? I hope!
      I put most psychiatrists on the couch.

Comment

Thanks newc but thats not the problem this thing has such a screwed jumble of crap wiring in it ATM.
        3 mini toggles and jumper leads everywhere not sure whats going on with it just would like to see a diagram of how its supposed to be.
        Thanks doc I'll check it out

Comment

Doc that sort of helps I did a few changes and sounding more open.The dick that wired this managed to choke the tone with all this shit he wired in here.

Comment

3 mini toggles with EMG actives? Something not adding up there. You can't coil tap those pickups. I don't even think you can phase reverse them.
            Are they just on/off switches, one for each pickup? Or is there an 5-way pickup selector switch in there too?
            My Gear: Stoneman SG-1, Hufschmid Tantalum H6, ESP KH-6, Sully #8 JCF One-Off, Templar GuitarWorks Relic Prototype, James Hetfield Tribal Hunt KL Explorer, Coobeetsa CCG-10-DX PRO Eagle, Schecter Hellraiser C-1 Hybrid, Daly Heiro Custom, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Gibson SG Menace, Peavey Vypyr 60 Tube

"You are dog shit in my shoe." -Newc

Comment

Just set up as kill switches like a reg set up that part is fine.

Comment

OK, EMG pickups are pretty straightforward.
                You have your red wire that goes to the 9V battery positive (all 3 pickups' red wire will connect together to the +9V lead)
                The white wire is your signal. These should go to the lugs on your 5-way switch.
                The bare wire is ground.

Give me a minute and I'll draw you up a diagram.
                TO make sure I have it right:

EMG active pickups, HSS configuration
                5 way selector switch
                1 Volume
                1 Tone
                Each pickup has it's own dedicated mini-toggle kill switch

Is that right?
                My Gear: Stoneman SG-1, Hufschmid Tantalum H6, ESP KH-6, Sully #8 JCF One-Off, Templar GuitarWorks Relic Prototype, James Hetfield Tribal Hunt KL Explorer, Coobeetsa CCG-10-DX PRO Eagle, Schecter Hellraiser C-1 Hybrid, Daly Heiro Custom, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Gibson SG Menace, Peavey Vypyr 60 Tube

Comment

Here's how I would wire it up, based on the info I have.
                  (The lugs on your switch may be different, depending on the switch type though.)

Editing my picture for screw-up...
                  Last edited by DalyTek; 08-21-2011, 02:38 AM.

Comment

Actually I think it's just the 3 mini toggles and the knobs.
                    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Really? So are they set up as kill switches (sending signal to ground) or just individual pickup on/of switches?

Comment

I have the 3 minis with the six lugs so I ran a ground thru the center lugs left the bottom row empty for the kill and ran the pick up hots to the top right lugs.
                        Ditched any tone control and holy shit the the pick ups scream, nothing to choke them now.
                        Had no headroom previously with all the jumper leads all over the place.Now tons of headroom and 10X louder and way more clear and defined.
                        The singles were very weak sounding and now thru my Johnson Millennium head on the Gilmour setting I get nice open dark side of the moon tone.
                        Last edited by straycat; 08-21-2011, 02:44 AM.

Comment

Cool, well no need to fix my diagram then. Good work, Stray!

Comment

The dick had 1 cap on each tone pot attached to the wrong lugs so I removed one on the 2nd tone knob and used 1 cap and went from the correct lug on the 1st tone and jumped it to the 2nd tone attached it to the correct lug I think that is where it was choking it out.
                            Last edited by straycat; 08-21-2011, 02:55 AM.

Comment

Must be the same person who wired my HM Strat. He wired all the humbucker mid points to a common point to a coil tap switch. But when the switch was not on, all three pickups were mixing it up with each other.

Comment

Working...
                              X