Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

new to the forum.... and jackson guitars. Question about truss rod wrench size!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new to the forum.... and jackson guitars. Question about truss rod wrench size!

I am usually an ibanez guy.... but i found myself curious about the fusion series and lo and behold one popped up on craigslist... fusion std on the truss rod cover. jackson professional on the headstock. SN931991. overall good condition. if my homework is correct i think it is a 93 fusion standard. MIJ. black (aren't they all?) :dunno: i have owned too many black guitars.... all for the low low price of i am not telling! but it was a good deal..

the idiot blocked the trem by filling the cavity behind the floyd with layers of plastic plastic is now removed and so it needed a set up... i dont have a truss rod wrench for it...

What size wrench do i need. i have been to every music store in Kansas City and cant find a wrench! I searched the forums and it said 7mm? please confirm so i can get this thing all set up. it is half way there but it is still buzzing, and has anyone else needed to file under the nut to get it lower? it seemed awfully high and usually there are shims to add or remove but there were no shims and it still needs to go lower?

Might not get too much help from the Charvel side. Maybe try posting in the Jackson section.

And maybe it's just me, but with string buzz, I generally raise the nut.
    "Today, I shat a brown monolith ..majestic enough for gods to stand upon" BillZ aka horns666

Comment

Should be 7mm.
      METAL, LIVE IT!

Comment

Get the proper wrench and get the neck straight then see if it buzzes.I agree it needs shims not removal of wood.
        Post some pics of it as is that would be a big help.
        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

no buzz with open strumming.... only buzzes with fretted notes on first few frets... i thought that indicated the need for more not less relief.

Comment

Working...
          X