how to tell a 24.74 scale body from a 25.5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to tell a 24.74 scale body from a 25.5

whats the trick to id a body that takes a 25.5 scale neck as iopposed to one that takes a 24.75 neck. is there a way.
    i just purchased a lot of jackson bodies and necks and plates and pick ups and a few trems over 350 pounds of all us parts from a guy in pomona california. most of the bodies from the pic,s are the early san dimas routes and a few have the bigger ontario routes . only seen two fin bolt on necks and i assume that the fin bolt ons are for the us fusion.?
    bodies only.??

measure from the nut to the 12th fret and then double this measurement to get the scale length

for a 25.5" scale the 12th fret should be 12.75" from the nut
    for a 24.75" scale the 12th fret should be 12.375" from the nut

EDIT: didnt read the post correctly, dont know how to tell the difference on the body only, guess just bolt it up and see if it intonates

Comment

yeah thats what i figured id have to do.

if memory serves me correctly i beleave the only bolt on 24 fret body was the fusion right ??

Comment

Did Jackson ever make a Gibson scaled bolt-on?
        "Today, I shat a brown monolith ..majestic enough for gods to stand upon" BillZ aka horns666

Comment

Yeah, the fusions were 24 3/4 scale bolt ons. Great guitars.

Can't remember if the other 24 3/4s were bolt on...

Comment

So if it can be determined that the Fusion is the only one, should be easy to solve the mystery of the 24 3/4 vs. 25.5.

Just waiting on the experts....
            "Today, I shat a brown monolith ..majestic enough for gods to stand upon" BillZ aka horns666

Comment

From what me and a few others have found, not all short-scale Jackson bodies were set for 24 3/4" - I put a USA Fusion neck on a WRMG body and it intonated just fine. Charvel750 has also swapped Fusion and Dinky necks/bodies, IIRC.

The necks are easy to tell - measure from the nut to the 12th fret then multiply by 2.

But I really don't think the bridges and such on olt-on bodies were spaced strictly for either scale.
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

hmm interesting indeed. i cant really say eaither. i have only one fusion and its a mij with a 24.75 scale. was curious as to if there was a formula to dertimine what a body was cut for . i bought a lot of parts from a guy that should arrive friday in a crate and i know for a fact 2 of them are us fusions ,
                guess i will just have to do it the hard way build them up and try for innotation.

Comment

Working...
                X