Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Source for touch-up paint?

Hey guys,

Does anyone have a source for touch up paint (bottles the size of nail color paint)? I'd like to fill a nick on a Dark Red Metallic guitar. Cheap is good, maybe $10.00...not sure I can give up more than two SB's cappuccinos for it.

I'd use an auto body place, but I doubt they can make small quanitites without charging me for a gallon or something.

Thanks!
    Paul

Buy the little duplicolor touch up bottles. I used a red to touch up some dings on my red model 3 and it matched perfectly. I used a black to fix a ding in my old ke3 and it worked out nicely. I tried not to brush it on but to drop the paint in the ding. it will dry and shrink. Do it a few times till it is up to the level you like.

Comment

Good tip. I'm sure there's a candy apple red or something that comes close to Jackson's DRM. I've used those bottles before, and you're right about dripping it into the crack. I've distributed it from a toothpick.

Edit: Look at that retro red metallic!
      http://duplicolor.com/products/metalSpecks/
      Last edited by Xyrium; 08-15-2011, 12:44 PM.

Comment

Ok, so I went here:
        http://duplicolor.com/appGuide/applicationGuide.pdf

Then searched for "red M". These seemed interesting. Has anyone used any of them to touch up DRM?

Inferno Red M NGCC412
        Colorado Red M NGCC411
        Med. Red M NGCC394
        Toreador Red M NGFM344
        Electric Currant Red M NGFM317
        Dark Cherry M NGGM509
        Cayenne Red M NGGM479
        Med. Garnet Red M NGGM380
        Bordeaux Red M HA00959
        Dark Cherry Red M HY01801
        Med. Red/Napa Red M NGGM498
        Barcelona Red Metallic TY01618

Comment

What's funny, almost every time I get a guitar with a chip, I find a near perfect match in my wife's endless array of nail polishes!
          I was really blown away when I got my fluorescent metallic orange Fusion, and she had THAT EXACT COLOR in there!
          My Gear: Stoneman SG-1, Hufschmid Tantalum H6, ESP KH-6, Sully #8 JCF One-Off, Templar GuitarWorks Relic Prototype, James Hetfield Tribal Hunt KL Explorer, Coobeetsa CCG-10-DX PRO Eagle, Schecter Hellraiser C-1 Hybrid, Daly Heiro Custom, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Gibson SG Menace, Peavey Vypyr 60 Tube

"You are dog shit in my shoe." -Newc

Comment

Working...
          X