No announcement yet.

Jackson Pickup - Pole Pieces & Covers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson Pickup - Pole Pieces & Covers?

I recently got a Jackson Fusion Pro which had an aftermarket pickup in the bridge position. I pulled it out and put the stock Jackson J-50B back in.

For reference, I have it installed so that if the guitar is standing headstock towards the ceiling, the word "Charvel" written on the BACK of the pickup is right-side-up. I am assuming that's the correct orientation for the pickup. There is no logo on the front of the pickup.

However, the row of adjustable pole pieces is on the top row when installed this way. That seems wrong for a bridge pickup. It sounds fantastic, but looks a little wonky.

Is it OK to flip the pickup around so the adjustable pole pieces are on the bottom? Will this affect the tone in any way?

Also, do they make covers for this pickup with the little Jackson logo on it? If so, where can I get one and how would it attach?
    My Gear: Stoneman SG-1, Hufschmid Tantalum H6, ESP KH-6, Sully #8 JCF One-Off, Templar GuitarWorks Relic Prototype, James Hetfield Tribal Hunt KL Explorer, Coobeetsa CCG-10-DX PRO Eagle, Schecter Hellraiser C-1 Hybrid, Daly Heiro Custom, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Gibson SG Menace, Peavey Vypyr 60 Tube

"You are dog shit in my shoe." -Newc

It does not look like the pickup ring on that guitar is the oversized one that the majority of the jackson covered pickups fit in. You would probably have to find a "normal" sized jackson cover which I believe is hard to come by. That said I dont know if the covers on the newer cheap jackson cvr pickups come off. That might be a cheap source. Also I just saw a j50 on the bay and it had no cover. I guess yours should to match the single coils. Also, if you flip the pickup will the lead be long enough to reach the factory solder points? That might give you an idea as to how it originally came.
    Last edited by Carbuff; 08-14-2011, 02:13 PM.

Comment

Yes, there is enough lead to flip the pickup. As a matter of fact, there will more lead if I flip it, as that would put the point where the wires come out of the back of the pickup closer to the hole in the pickup route.
      All 3 of the pickups have long leads that go into kind of a loop in the pickup cavity so it doesn't really give away much in the way of determining the original orientation of the pickup...
      My Gear: Stoneman SG-1, Hufschmid Tantalum H6, ESP KH-6, Sully #8 JCF One-Off, Templar GuitarWorks Relic Prototype, James Hetfield Tribal Hunt KL Explorer, Coobeetsa CCG-10-DX PRO Eagle, Schecter Hellraiser C-1 Hybrid, Daly Heiro Custom, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Gibson SG Menace, Peavey Vypyr 60 Tube

"You are dog shit in my shoe." -Newc

Comment

Working...
      X