Guitar Scratch Remover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guitar Scratch Remover

I used a product called Guitar Scratch Remover to remove some scratches and it worked! It took a lot of elbow grease and a few applications but it got the job done. I used it on a DKMG with a black forest finish. Apparently it only works on high gloss finishes so if your guitar has a satin black finish for example you're out of luck. My guitar had 3 scratches on the back. Check out the before and after pics.

So if you have a guitar with some scratches I say it's worth a try. I used the "Player's Kit Standard". You can check out the products and see more results on their website:

http://www.guitarscratchremover.com/index.html

interesting I usually use a 3$ bottle of scratch X and a micro cloth, cleans and removes them.
    Haters gonna hate
    Dilluting the brand one MUTT at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by Mercenary View Post
      So if you have a guitar with some scratches I say it's worth a try. I used the "Player's Kit Standard". You can check out the products and see more results on their website:

http://www.guitarscratchremover.com/index.html
      it seems that the blemish on the les paul in the link is make out to be more damaged than it really is... i don't really see the gouge that the description says the guitar has :think: is it me?

the scratches seem really light to begin with....

Comment

Do you mean the one on the home page? I found this thread:

http://www.mylespaul.com/forums/luth...mover-com.html

Go to the view section of guitar scratch remover's website and you'll see better examples than the one I posted.

Comment

I use Guitar Scratch Remover on my black Kelly. It had a lot of small scratches due to the fingernails on my picking hand. The gloss was starting to fade as well.

I tried a few over the counter polishes i saw at Guitar Center and car polish as well. I could not get the high gloss shine back on the affected area.

So, i tried some of this Guitar Scratch Remover and... Wow! The affected area was high gloss shining again and you can barely see the scratches.

I'm sure there are other products that will do the same but this polish actually worked for me as advertised.

Pretty good stuff, i think.
          [sigpic=true][/sigpic]

Comment

I've used scratch X on some pretty bad scratches on cars with great results. The trick is elbow grease....alot of it
            It's pronounced soops

Comment

You could preemptively avoid scratches to your guitar by never ever playing it. Lock it in its case and never open it again. You could go a step further and not buy a guitar to begin with and not only avoid the scratches, but also the wasted space in the closet.
              HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Now you're thinking!!!
                Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

"Guitar scratch remover" for $20?

3M Finesse It from WalMart will remove your fine scratches (and some heavier ones) very well. This is another area where a guitar-specific product has been "invented" from something perfectly good that already existed for cars.

You have scratches, you use a soft cloth and some rubbing compound, buff it to a high gloss. I've even used the 3M stuff to buff out pickguards after sanding them with 2,000 grit to remove scractches. It even works on nitrocellulose lacquer, like on a Les Paul, or urethane/polyurethane, like on Jacksons, Fenders, and about everything else.

You get all that, in an 8 oz bottle, for the low, low price of less than $7, and it's probably available within minutes.

Twenty dollars.

Comment

Working...
                  X