Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Locking Grovers on USA Soloists

Folks,

Does anyone know if the locking Grover (mini???) rotomatics will fit the SL1 from '98 and an SL2 from '07 without modification?

Thanks,
    Paul

Why put locking tuners on a guitar with a locking nut?
    Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
    Sully Guitars on Facebook
    Sully Guitars on Google+
    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Ill add a question related to this. I always thought locking tuners meant it locked the string in the hole to make string changes easier, do they actually lock the gear mechanism as well?
      HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Hey Sully, I have an SL2HT that I'd like to apply this to primarily. I should have mentioned the HT in the original post.

Hey Twitch, I don't believe so. However, for the initial string stretch, I'd imagine there's far less break in time due to the lack of multiple wraps around the posts.
        Last edited by Xyrium; 08-11-2011, 08:04 PM.

Comment

Ahh, ok I see, the why if you have a locking nut would be because you would also have a floyd and thus the floating bridge pulls the extra wraps tight by its self.
          HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Warmoth Schaller Locking tuners will bolt right on, I would use the original black screws.

I put them on my tremolo builds too just because they're not really that expensive and make string changes super easy.

Comment

Planet Waves autotrims will also fit. No mods needed. Just bolt them on.

Comment

Perfect, thanks guys.

Comment

Just ordered one set of Schallers and one set of PW's from Warmoth. I like the 18:1 ratio of the PW's, but I also like the knurled knobs on the Schallers. I do have some concerns over the post height of the PW's, but we'll see. I'll keep you guys posted.

Comment

Working...
                  X