Pickup wiring diagrams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pickup wiring diagrams

Unfortunately, I've lost the link I had to dozens of different pickup makes. I want to get rid of my Dimarzio's and put my WR1's back to stock Duncans (2HUM, 1 VOL, 1 TONE, 3X SEL).

IIRC, DM and SD use different colour coding, but possibly different routing too.

Please post a link and make this a thread sticky.

Thanks.
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

SD Page: Create your own with drop down menus http://www.seymourduncan.com/support/wiring-diagrams/

EMG Page: Enter your pup in the search box or click browse all http://www.emgpickups.com/search/wiring

DiMarzio Page: Click the general setup the guitar is then pick the closest result http://www.dimarzio.com/support/wiring-diagrams
    Last edited by Twitch; 07-31-2011, 11:58 AM.
    HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

for the wire color schemes go here and for various wiring diagrams go here
      Last edited by 6string40; 07-31-2011, 12:49 PM.

Comment

Thanks.
        Byebye Dimarzio's.

Last edited by wilkinsi; 07-31-2011, 01:15 PM.
        Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

I'm calling foul!

When I enquired about why Jacksons were the reverse of SD's (i.e. Green = hot on Jackson and Black = hot on SD). I got my info from this link and all the answers I was given here was that no-one was aware of Jacksons being any different to SD's. I thought I was going mad since I disctinctly remember reading the same fact on here somewhere (but couldn't find the old thread).

Was some fucker winding me up?

Or: Are Jackson pickups the other way round but Jackson wire them back to front and it doesn't matter?

Comment

For standard series wiring of Jacksons or Duncans, you can use Black or Green for the hot. It doesn't matter which one you use EXCEPT when mixing Jackson and Duncan pickups:

In that event, when both pickups are on, they'll be out of phase. This is not always a bad thing, but it's a tonal choice you have to make on your own. Some like it, some don't. Decide for yourself.
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by bratfink View Post
              I'm calling foul!

When I enquired about why Jacksons were the reverse of SD's (i.e. Green = hot on Jackson and Black = hot on SD). I got my info from this link and all the answers I was given here was that no-one was aware of Jacksons being any different to SD's. I thought I was going mad since I disctinctly remember reading the same fact on here somewhere (but couldn't find the old thread).

Was some fucker winding me up?

Or: Are Jackson pickups the other way round but Jackson wire them back to front and it doesn't matter?
              It depends. If youre talking jackson pickups from the 80's then yeah, theyre opposite SD. Somewhere around 1990 they switched their wiring to be the same as SD. Because I know that all my model series stuff is wired opposite than what the charts say to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Carbuff View Post
                It depends. If youre talking jackson pickups from the 80's then yeah, theyre opposite SD. Somewhere around 1990 they switched their wiring to be the same as SD. Because I know that all my model series stuff is wired opposite than what the charts say to do.
                That was infact my exact question, and all I got for replies were shugged shoulders. Do you happen to know exactly when this happened? I have a 90 RR1 with the small covered pickups which was wired back to front to the wiring colour chart seen in the link. I was trying to wire in a Kent Armstrong and avoid reversing the phase with the stock J80, I am still unsure if I succeeded or not, it doesn't seem to loose too much volume as a reverse phase might but it is definately back to front from what is being said here!

Sorry for the Hijack.

Comment

Im not sure when it happened. Its possible that the switch to the small covers might have been the point. I dont have any toothpaste logo charvels to check, just model series.

Comment

Working...
                  X