Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wiring up the JE-1200 setup and assorted questions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiring up the JE-1200 setup and assorted questions.

Long time since I've been over here, but back in the extended family via a ridiculous score of a Charvel Model 1A from Craigslist.

It came to me with some lame aftermarket pickups on board, so I looked around for some stockers but found little that appealed. MGR had a set of the J-200's for cheap, and they looked really clean so I picked them up. When they arrived, the pickguard they came with displayed what appears to a never-wired JE-1200 setup, and upon further review, it appears the pickups have never been wired up either(full leads on all).

So I 'm wondering if Charvel/Jackson ever sold their pickup setups as an aftermarket package, or so a guy could upgrade their 1A for example, to the low-impedance (quiet) units with the mid boost?

I found the diagrams for setting these up, but need to know if I still need to run a ground wire to the trem spring claw?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Yes, Jackson used to sell electronics kits combining pickups and the JE boards in a bundle deal. Look for a catalog scan for the (I think) 1987 Jackson electronics catalog. I can't get to Henrik's site at the moment to get you the link though.

I believe you should ground the trem claw otherwise your springs become radio antennas.
    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Working...
    X