Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grover tuners

Hey all,

I tried searching but couldn't find anything...I want to replace the chrome tuners for Black tuners on my MIJ Pro Mod. Are the stock tuners Grover Mini Rotomatics or mini LOCKING rotomatics? I just want to swap out the chrome ones with new black ones without drilling a new hole.

the 2 model numbers I see 205 and 405....which ones are the stock Grovers?

thanks!

The Grover mini-rotomatics should be a direct fit.If the guitar is a string-thru then you might want to get a locking set.

Comment

Digging up a recent thread here. Do the Grover locking rotos fit the current and most US made Soloists without modification?

Comment

Take off one and mesure the hole before you order, I believe most tuners have different sizes, so you would need to know that anyway and some use a screw to hold in place and others don't.
        I'm going to give you the keys to the Lamborghini

Comment

This place carries most types of tuners and has hole dimensions listed: http://www.guitarpartsresource.com/

Look up what you have and then order something that is the same dimensions. Measuring them with a home tape measure can be a bit difficult, like measuring neck widths on strat necks. It's obvious what fits what, but not always so obvious if something is 2 1/8 vs. 2 1/4 without some calipers.

Comment

Actually if you can't tell 1/8 from 1/4 with a tape measure, you're doing it wrong

There's a whole 1/8" between those two.

And don't use the metal tab at the end of the tape. Start with the 1" mark and subtract 1" when you get to where you're going.
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
              Actually if you can't tell 1/8 from 1/4 with a tape measure, you're doing it wrong

There's a whole 1/8" between those two.
              Actually, I was thinking 2 1/8 vs. 2 3/16 (obviously, since it's standard for pretty much everything anymore), so really only 1/16. (Yeah, I'm not the best proof-reader.) Still...

You'd think so, but I'm batting only slightly higher than .500 when I ask exactly that question on ebay body/neck purchases, so obviously the average person doesn't find it that trivial.

However, don't get caught up in the analogy. Tuner differences are smaller and depend on you eye-balling down on them with a tape measure: not impossible, but a lot easier to just double-check the manufacturers numbers. Plus, in areas I don't work in constantly, I can never remember which measurements are nominal and which are actual.

Comment

Yeah, some locking units use a post that has to be driven into the headstock, while others screw in. I'm trying to find one that will allow me to obscure or reuse the factory screw hole on the back of the headstock.

Comment

Working...
                X