What's new with Charvel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's new with Charvel?

I'm curious if anybody on JCF has any ideas what the next move for Charvel is going to be? As much as a try to give my other guitars a workout live, I always seem to come back to my USA Charvels. I've gotten a couple second hand custom shops lately but the new inventory is almost nonexistent. IS there any insider info anyone can share?
    "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
    I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

"Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Their site isn't working for me so who knows.
      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

A new line called "desolation", Their site just has a quote from Buzz Aldrin and an image of a desert rock formation.

Comment

Looking at the binding and inlays in that ad reminds me of all those Schecter and LTD guitars with that same (IMHO) hideous binding and inlays that are made in Korea. Say it ain't so. It seems to me that the move to Japan has been flop. The real reason that they moved the production models to Japan is due in part to the dent they put in the CS sales.
          Last edited by Predator1; 07-31-2011, 10:23 PM.

Comment

Looking at the binding and inlays in that ad reminds me of all those Schecter and LTD guitars with that same (IMHO) hideous binding and inlays that are made in Korea. Say it ain't so. It seems to me that the move to Japan has been flop. The real reason that they moved the production models to Japan is due in part to the dent they put in the CS sales.
            yes those korean high end ltds had too much bling but the korean made guitars are desent. The move too japan, now there being sold by everyone so I doubt they've been a flop. Many say the quality of the neck wood and the workmanshipp is better.
            One of the new fender lines was put on those machines because they could do compoun rauis necks while the regular fenders machines can't.
            I think the recession, long wait time, CS errors, stupidly high prices have a lot to do with it. Tastes change too, I can think of one person that a few years ago was aways buying CS charvels and has now been playing les pauls.

Comment

The market is saturated with inexpensive production stratheads, both USA & Japanese. Whether they predicted or even cared about the impact of that on CS Charvel orders is debatable, though. To me, it seemed like they never really wanted to gear up for more demand at the custom shop. If you have to sell a recent CS strathead, especially in a solid finish, it's hard to convince the avg. buyer (and quite a few people here) that it's worth more than a Pro-mod. I can see maybe ordering another pointy or two in a couple of years, if they'll still make me one at that point, but the allure of new CS stratheads is way over for me.

Comment

With that price increase they have to be selling a lot of them.

Comment

Looking at the new Charvel site I can't help but feel that they are moving away from what I've always thought of a Charvel as being. I guess I will be buying used from here out. Speaking of something new has anyone here seen the new Gibson explorers and v's with floyds? I don't think they are out yet but they are coming and fairly priced too!

Comment

Originally posted by MikeStrat View Post
                    I'm curious if anybody on JCF has any ideas what the next move for Charvel is going to be? As much as a try to give my other guitars a workout live, I always seem to come back to my USA Charvels. I've gotten a couple second hand custom shops lately but the new inventory is almost nonexistent. IS there any insider info anyone can share?
                    Guess you've been out of the loop. The Charvel production line is made in Japan now, and there's new ones being made in China. Look in the import section.
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

LTD copy cat!! Seriously?? This is heart breaking... Active pick ups+abalone? on a Charvel??? I might be wrong but this looks like yet another faux pas by Fender...

Comment

BTW the cutaways are an obscene copy of PRS...

Comment

Charvettes are next.

Comment

Just wondering if EBMM would not have been a better company to draw inspiration from, rather than ESP/Schecter/etc... The way I see it, they are targeted to a similar kind of player. Axis and Silhouettes are definitely closer to a SD/So-Cal than to an ESP/LTD Horizon or the likes

Comment

I think the EVH guitars that are made in the JC japan factory covers that.

Comment

Working...
                              X