Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Locking Tuners on JRS-2

Hey Guys!

I have a Jackson JRS-2 and I like it very much. It is a great player and sounds great with a BL L500XL pickup. The neck is to die for. The only problem I have is it doesn't stay in tune very well even when the tremolo is not used. I tried the Big Bends lubricant, but it didn't help much. My next steps will be to block the tremolo and replace the tuners with Schaller mini locking tuners.

My question is - do you think this will solve my problems:think:?

I have locking tuners on another guitar and they work very well, but I was wondering if I can expect the same with my JRS-2. Thanks in advance!

If you have a locking trem its kind of a moot point.
    Maybe you need to file the nut slots a little it could be hanging on the wound strings
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

the JRS-2 doesn't have a locking trem. It has a Wilkinson

can you identify which strings are going out of tune and any idea what's causing it? Are the strings properly stretched?
      Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
        the JRS-2 doesn't have a locking trem. It has a Wilkinson

can you identify which strings are going out of tune and any idea what's causing it? Are the strings properly stretched?
        The strings are properly stretched. The tuning instability affect all strings.

Comment

Do the wilkinsons have issues with loose studs like a floyd? I'm totally unfamiliar with them. If there is play in the studs though you can wrap them in teflon plumbers tape to stop the play from affecting tuning. Blocking the trem and locking tuners should help but of course you lose the trem. Also with the big bends, did you put it on the knife edges as well as the nut? The edges need to be lubed too.
          GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Working...
          X