Original Coffin case?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Original Coffin case?

I was looking on my local Craigslist and found an original Coffin case for $60. I, like all tight wads, was looking for what the thing would be worth all over the net and can't find this particular case. All the ones I can find don't have a metal (I'm assuming aluminum) strip around both sides of where the 2 halves come together only. The only ones I can find similar to it are bass ones that have purple lining and metal strip around opening sides and flight type cases with metal all the way around the opening and the sides. Guitar ones have no trim around opening and are red inside other than the flight style one. The one I'm looking at has red lining and the mentioned metal opening trim. I'm wondering if it's a good case? Is it a good deal. I've never used or owned a coffin case before.
    I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

They're fairly generic from what I recall- not as good as a form-fitting case. Also sort of tacky IMO, unless you're into that whole "death is neat" thing. That's about all I have to say about that.

Comment

I'm not stuck on the coffin thing just figured a good case for the money when I have a guitar that needs a case.
      I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Working...
      X