charvel model 1 nut/bridge measurements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• charvel model 1 nut/bridge measurements

Hi, I purchased a charvel model 1a used but the guy replaced the nut and bridge with non original parts. The high e string is way too close to the edge that I slip off sometimes.

Does anyone who owns an original 1a give the the measurements from the string spacing on the nut and the bridge please. I would like to buy new aftermarket parts for it. Thanks.

First, have you checked to make sure the neck is lined up? Are the single dots on the fretboard centered up between the G & D string? Just asking, because it's pretty common for necks to get a little out of alignment, and really easy to fix by loosening the bolts a little, repositioning, and re-tightening.

Comment

+1 check that first.Pics would help too.
      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

The charvel v-trem string spacing is narrower than most generic v-trems. I had a mutt with a model series neck on it and had the same problem. When I finally tracked down a model 1 trem and installed it, my problem went away. I dont know what kind of nut setup the guy put on there. I have one right now that the guy glued the nut down a bit off center and it is causing this same problem. If this was a floyd conversion and the guy installed a floyd nut, its possible that he used the wrong nut with the really wide string spacing.

Comment

Should be 1 and 11/16th (42.9mm / 43mm).

My 1A is that and its all original, although it seems 1/32" less as the fretboard is fairly rounded off, but I'd have thought a 42.9mm floyd nut would do it? I haven't got a model 1 with locking nut but I'm guessing I have a similar neck if these measurements help.

Distance between string centres E-E on my nut is 35.5mm.

First fret useable profile is spot on 40mm.

Does your neck feel as chunky as mine does on the 1A?

Edit: Suppose it will help actually, quite a bit, just realised you said Model 1A and not model 1.
          Last edited by ginsambo; 07-17-2011, 01:08 PM.
          You can't really be jealous of something you can't fathom.

Comment

Necks are the same on 1A and 1.
            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
              Necks are the same on 1A and 1.
              Yeah, both built like telegraph poles!

Bridge is 52.8mm E centre to E centre....and a snickers.
              Last edited by ginsambo; 07-17-2011, 03:33 PM.
              You can't really be jealous of something you can't fathom.

Comment

Working...
              X