charvel model 8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• charvel model 8

would someone pls suggest a place where i can buy a pickguard for a charvel model 8 http://audiozone.dk/index-filer/char...rt-guitars.php

also, does anyone have a model 8? how do the singles sound? i'm considering buying a model 8 for pretty cheap, but my past experience with a single in the bridge position tells me i'll hate it. supposed to have a je1200 in it (at least according to here: http://charvelusa.com/models.html ), which may boost it a bit but i think either someone ripped it out or it never had one (according to this site: http://audiozone.dk/index-filer/char...rt-guitars.php ).

any thoughts on this?
    Last edited by moku; 07-12-2011, 12:31 PM.

also, what the difference btn a spectrum and a model 8? i'm a bit confused looking at the two websites above (with conflicting info). any comments would be appreciated. thanks!

Comment

isn't the model 8 a tele body and the spectrum a strat body?

Comment

the model 8 later became the legend.

Comment

not according to the websites above... they both (model 8 and the spectrum) look the same to me :think:

but if model 8 is supposed to be a tele body then i guess that makes sense. other wise the two models would be exactly the same guitar.

Comment

IIRC, the Model 7 became the Legend.

Comment

Grr! I'm confusing myself. The model 8 and spectrum are the same except for some minor changes. They changed the name from the model series to the contemporary.
              Last edited by Rich#6; 07-12-2011, 01:42 PM.

Comment

It's okay to be wrong sometimes Rich. I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
                  Grr! I'm confusing myself. The model 8 and spectrum are the same except for some minor changes.
                  do you know what the minor changes were?

Comment

It had to have some kind of active circuit in it if it had J200 pickups. J/C never used those without an active circuit, and they state right in the Electronics catalog that they shouldn't be installed without one. I'm pretty sure the Model 8 and the Spectrum both had the JE-1500 Para-Mid EQ rather than the JE-1200, fwiw.

Comment

Originally posted by tcwil8 View Post
                      IIRC, the Model 7 became the Legend.
                      The Model 7 (guitar logo) and the Legend (contemporary script logo) were both Teles.
                      The Spectrum (guitar logo) and Model 8 (script logo) were Dinkies with weird half-pickguards.
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

i called the store and they said that the electronic cavity doesn't have any battery or anything that looks like a circuit. but the guitar still plays. :think:

well, when i get it i'll see what the hell is going on with this guitar. if nothing else, it'll be a beater.

does anyone own one?

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                          The Model 7 (guitar logo) and the Legend (contemporary script logo) were both Teles.
                          The Spectrum (guitar logo) and Model 8 (script logo) were Dinkies with weird half-pickguards.
                          Model 8 had (guitar logo) and Spectrum had (toothpaste script logo).
                          Models
                          The prudes may snub them, but I don't care.
                          I dont need furniture.
                          If its tough, shreds, and screams, Its all good.
                          If it gets jacked, I'll get another one.
                          And rock that sucker.

Comment

Originally posted by Tricky View Post
                            Model 8 had (guitar logo) and Spectrum had (toothpaste script logo).
                            Correct! That's what I meant. How did I reverse them?
                            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Moku did you snag that one from MGR lol.
                              Haters gonna hate
                              Dilluting the brand one MUTT at a time.

Comment

Working...
                              X