Multi-guitar stands for RR's?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multi-guitar stands for RR's?

Does anyone have any recommendations for multi-guitar stands for RR-type guitars?
    I have 2 superstrats (one being a JDR-94) and a RR3 which I would like to "stack" next to each other in a stand.

I found some info in old posts/topics but read some contradicting statements, so I'm hoping for some confirmation...
    Will this one work? Or are there better alternatives?

not ideal. Most of the weight of the Rhoads would be resting on its long point, assuming that the stand is wide enough for it.

Hercules makes a good multi-stand that hangs the guitars from their headstocks. Ideal for odd shaped guitars. I'm using the GS422B for my Kelly. They have a 3 guitar model too, the GS432B

The downside is that you won't have the cool "rack of axes" look like the stand you linked to
    Hail yesterday

Comment

Having all the weight on the long point indeed doesn't seem ideal.
      I also know about the Hercules model you linked to but it takes up quite some space... (you are also limited to 3 guitars off-course)

A good solution would be a stand where the guitars hang from their headstocks, but instead of "around a pole" like the Hercules, next to each-other on a horizontal bar (like a clothes rack).

Comment

Is this for home or gigging? If just for home, get as many single wall hangers as required. As for gigging, don't know. I guess you'd have to make your own.
        Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

I use the Hercules stands for mine, they are big and cumbersome but there are very few options for asymmetrical guitars.

Comment

It is both for home use and use during gigs. Wall hangers aren't an option (no free space on the walls).

There actually seems to exist a "clothes hanger" solution:

Maybe I'll fabricate something myself using these ideas. This one is also interesting (it hangs on the wall, but a version on a stand should be posisble too):

Comment

I've seen those clothes hanger stands advertised. I'm sure they'd be fine if you wanted to hang a guitar in your robe amongst your clothes, but what would stop the guitars banging together if the stand or one of the guitars takes a knock? The base of those portable clothes racks wouldn't be much narrower than the Hercules stand either. Much longer though

If you're really worried about floor space with the Hercules, you could get the 2 guitar version and put your other guitar on a regular stand. It would probably take up as much room as that 5 guitar Rockstand you linked, but it wouldn't be any wider. I actually take a couple of these to gigs - they fold down flat and are solid enough for a couple of guitars on stage. No good for your Rhoads, but if you sat one behind the GS422B, you could sit a strat in it.

The good ol' pawnshop pegboard hangers might work. Whatever you fabricate to attach them to will have to be tall to accommodate the length of your RR3 though. Unless you can devise some kind of folding structure (or some other creative solution), it may not be very portable. Particularly if you're throwing it in the back of a 5 door hatch with your guitars, amp, fx, etc. Unless you're wheeling it out of a truck onto the stage, then that won't be a problem.
              Hail yesterday

Comment

The banging together indeed could be a problem, even with the pegboard hangers. And a folding solution of some sort would indeed be needed to easily transport the stand (and no-one wants to arrive at a gig and start assembling a stand for half an hour :P).

I actually have 2 basic guitar stands (the ones that just hold the body of the guitar) and am going to buy one like the Hercules for just the RR. It just seemed nice to be able to stack the guitars next to each other instead of on separate stands.

Comment

Originally posted by bratfink View Post
                  I use the Hercules stands for mine, they are big and cumbersome but there are very few options for asymmetrical guitars.
                  +1!!! I own the 3 guitar stand. Does all shapes of guitar.
                  JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
                  Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

Working...
                  X