Stewmac hardware quality issues.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stewmac hardware quality issues.

I bought some push pull pots and a 5way from them and they are crappy. The switch is noisy, I tried to get the contacts closer together but if you bump the switch sideways it cuts out. The push pulls are just plain noisy. I have them in an LP copy running a set of P-rails to get everything seperate and when they're in humbucker mode they're make way to much noise. The switch is a given on what to do I'll just replace it but the push pulls have me wondering if there's a trick or something simple I missed when wiring them up. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

In my experience the switches and pots that Stew Mac sells are low quality. I always go for CTS or Bournes pots and CRL or Oaks Grigsby switches. You pay a little more but it's worth it. The Alpha pots Stew Mac sells aren't bad, but they are metric and import quality.
    -------------------------
    Blank yo!

Comment

Yeah, they're cheap. I've bought them by the ton and always have noise issues. Aside from running grounds out the ass and mummifying them in shielding tape, there's not much you can do.
      I wonder if you could wax pot them?

I've abandoned push/pulls in favor of Duncan TripleShot rings. I wish they could have named them Fucking Awesome, but I understand the Common Decency Laws said they couldn't do it.
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Going to go with the triple shots tired of the issue. Thanks Newc.
        I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

The only thing good they have is the Schaller switches. They are really nice. Except the non-standard screws and switch tip, which is dumb.

Comment

Working...
          X