Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CTS Pots

Hi all,

Is it just me or do CTS not offer a narrow shaft pot?

They all show up on the website as 3/8" diameter shaft. I thought I'd used CTS before on an old soloist of mine but the ones I just bought are definately too wide for the holes in the body.

What pot should I be using?

I know this is a rookie question but I rarely actually rewire soloists I am usually doing a RR or something with a plate.

I think on my 1992 Dinky XL's they are Alpha pots which are the metric sized ones.

I just reamed out the hole (carefully) and installed all CTS pots....not too difficult..

dinkyguitar

Comment

That brings up an interesting ponit I hadn't considered; I would have presumed that Jackson USA bodies were drilled with ANSI (imperial) holes. But what about the Japanese ones? Or were they all Metric?

Certainly the holes in this soloist body don't look so small as to be the next size down in ANSI (1/4") so Metric would make sense here.

Thanks.

Comment

All of the Japanese bodies I ever re-wired were metric pots, and CTS required reaming.

The USA stuff has 3/8" holes if it came with passive pickups, everything I ever worked on.

Comment

Yup. My KV2T has 3/8" holes, as I replaced the 25K (EMG) volume pot with a 500K CTS from one of my ProMods. Fit perfect with no reaming.
          Wouldn't fit my WRMG body for shit
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Thanks for that guys, I had never considered the whole metric vs imperial difference.

The soloist I am wiring is a Jap one. I compared it to the USA I have as well and sure enough metric to imperial, hence the CTS pots I bought for that fit.

I had figured that since they were from about the same time that the drawings for the bodies would have called out for the same dia hole. i.e.Jap would have been a carbon copy of the USA.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Comment

Working...
            X