Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Different JE1200 models..? Or did I get a JE2000?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Different JE1200 models..? Or did I get a JE2000?

I just received one to bring back into my M4 but I'm perplexed: none of the JE1200 pictures on the net fit what I have.

I have a PCB with a M8824 opamp and a pot, and two pots linked all by three wires. None of the extra pots have a capacitor.

Furthermore all diagrams of the JE1200 don't really fit what I have. In fact this here:
    points to a JE2000, a bass preamp... :/

Any help..? Thanks

Yep, you're right. I wonder how it would sound?

Comment

I have a couple JE-1500's (1 in my Coral Sea Warrior, the other is a spare doing nothing). They don't have so many bits on them as yours does. But TBH, I always let someone else worry about how its wired up

Excuse the crap photo.
      Last edited by wilkinsi; 07-03-2011, 07:51 PM. Reason: photo added
      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

I put a je2000 in a guitar years ago. Cranking the bass and using both hums wired out of phase gave a nice funk tone.
        Try dropping down to C# and see what you get.
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Thanks guys... I won't install it, maybe just setup the M4 with the usual electronics (Vol neck + mid, vol bridge, master tone). I'm just not too keen on the J200s without the boost and it's fairly hard finding single coils that fit in those cavities...

Comment

our guitarplayer uses a 89 475Charvel it had been butchered and the preamp was gone. Couldnt find a 1200 at that time so since I am a bassplayer I had a ton of j2000's around and threw it in. I thought he would hate it, but nope. sounded good enough he left it in there ( 2 years later ), and it is his main player still .
            http://youtube.com/amimbari

Comment

Hey Pierre. I sold that to you believing it was in fact a JE-1200 because it came with a Model 6 project that I traded for. Obviously it isn't. I feel horrible for not confirming the identity of the circuit. Let me know what I can do to make it right for you.
              MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

Anyone got anymore of these for sale? I play in B and have been trying to find a decent boost for that tuning.

Wilkinsi: I am still interested in that 1500, just waiting for the pay cycle to come round again.

Comment

No problem
                  Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Ok so I installed it and it's not that bad... I've had issues trying to get the mid + neck J200s at the right height but got there eventually. The extra bass and treble control bring quite a bit more flexibility than the standard vol/mid/tone. I also installed a DPDT switch for the middle pickup; when it's on, it splits the bridge pickup so I get that Strat tone. Easy one and a no brainer.

Quite happy with having a functional M4 again

Comment

Working...
                    X