Headphone jamming question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headphone jamming question

Ok, my buddy and I are looking for a way to link so we can jam together through headphones with effects and hear each other. Is there a way to run a mp3/cd into it also, that really would be cool. I have a Pod XT, I think he has an old one or something similar laying around. There are times that it would work so much better if we could portably and quickly hook up and throw on headphones . Is there a way of doing this at a reasonable price? Any sugestions would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by axmann; 07-02-2011, 12:29 AM.

I don't know about cheap but Jamhub sounds like what you describe. http://www.jamhub.com/

Outside of a small mixing board with multiple sends to different headphone amps. Probably a cheaper way but Jamhub is cool.
    http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

That looks like the answer. Thanks for the suggestion. We have a hell of a time getting together. Were about 45 miles apart. Usualy there never is enough time unfortunatly and its always later at night. Loading all the big gear and traveling back and forth and such blows sometimes. That and his neighbors aren't digging the siding on their house ratlling after about 10:00pm.

Comment

yeah the band I used to play with use the Jamhub. I guess they got too many complaints mostly because of the 300lb drummer and my friend who insists on diming his TS100.
        Sam

Comment

In "Agreeance"

Ditto what Jack Napalm suggests. The first thing that comes to mind is JamHub. Their least expensive model, The Bedroom, sells for around $300. You might be able to find one for less by searching or maybe someone is selling one on eBay.

The next logical idea, as Jack suggests is using a small mixer with effects sends. You could get something like the Behringer XENYX 502 Mixer for $40 - 50. It has 5 inputs and main mix, stereo CD/tape plus separate headphone output. If memory serves me correctly there is only one headphone jack, but you could always "Y" your and your buddy's headphones.
          All the best,

Chris

FindaGuitarTeacher.com

Comment

Working...
          X