charvel TL-1 wiring schematic needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• charvel TL-1 wiring schematic needed

Does anybody here have a wiring schematic for, or would they please snap a pic of their reissue TL-1 fishman powerbridge tele wiring for me? recently got one and I dont seem to have tone.

haven't tried it with a stereo cable just yet , but am I correct in my assumption that the first pot or furthest from the 3 way is piezo vol and a master tone, middle pot is volume for the magnetic pickups ?

any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks !

Just got the schematic from Jackson and what I have does not resemble the schematic. If someone has one of these oddballs, how many caps does yours have. mine has 5, the diagram shows one .330pu

Comment

If anyone would have one, it'd hafta be Budman since he's the Charvel Tele guy. Or did he limit his obsession to the Model 7?

This is interesting:
      http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...BXclseQyo%253D

An Ebay listing for one. You might contact the seller and see if he can put you in contact with the buyer?
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Newc,
        I have that very guitar. Looked high and low for one as I love teles, and have only seen a few Tl-1's over the years. This one is very clean, but the previous owner had a tech in CT make a few changes, and since I am more knowledgeable on the oldschool charvs, this is uncharted waters for me. I suppose an original Wilkinson ht-100P to correct this puppy will become another white whale for me as well

I had no idea Dave was a tele guy... I thought he was a pink fan ?

Comment

Pink anything and the Model 7s, IIRC.

And yeah, the bridge seems like it will take some work to find.
          Probably why Jackson's schematic doesn't match what you have. Might have to get it from Fishman.

Anyway, I'm sure you could wire it up to whatever suited your taste best. Since the bridge has been replaced I wouldn't be concerned too much with having it wired "as stock" so much as "what works".

Based on info I saw while browsing this, it seems you'd want to run the piezos straight to the volume then to the jack (stereo port), since mags and pies don't work well together. Hmmm. Kinda kills one of the mods I had planned for my Morton
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
          X