Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home made strap lock....

Hy guys
    school is finished and i have some free time and don't know what to do so i made some kind of strap lock...its awesome strap doesnt fall of at all amasing must try defntly..it took 45 minutes to make two of them and install too...so lets begin...i use some wire (its super strong)3 mm (uh maybe too much works with other wires too..)i tryed schaller straps too and its the same but my straps looks better i don't have a big pice of metal on buttons but on my strap doesn't say schaller (too bad maybe ill put schaller on haha) so lets begin...
    so heres the pictures..
    PREPARATIONS ARE 1/4 OF BUISSNES....
    wire scizzars and few metal rods and cigaretes too....

the victim 1

ligh a cigarete for start

the wire

cut for about 10 cm..

finished product

spin it..

thats how it should looks like

another smoke...

perfectly match..

make a bump for not slipping off...

some wings added haha

finished product

victim no2 the strap....

to be continued....

thats how it looks ugly man but im satisfied it works properly and its firs proto...soo its good i glue it with hot glue...

lock no2

see this bump it looks better...
    and here is the pic of hanged guitar its done and it works totaly cost 0 dollars...it cost a time a good 45 minutes....and thats all folks

EXCUSE ME FOR BAD ENGLISH....i hope you enjoyed...

Comment

So what are you thinking about my straps????
      Last edited by MANINBLACK; 06-20-2011, 05:10 PM.

Comment

Before strap locks existed my guitar teacher used the plastic clips that came with loaves of white bread. I tried it once and it worked. It's a good thing strap locks are widely available now that sliced bread comes with a twist tie--lol...

Comment

If Im hard up for strap locks, I just get a couple of flat washers and put the strap between the strap button and the body.
          HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Schaller straplocks are like 15 bucks and work amazingly awesome for me. If I needed something more secure I'd just do the Zakk Wylde eyebolt and chain style.
            GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Thanks for the tutorial and photos. It looks like you had fun making them but I have to say that it seems pretty involved and the finished product doesn't look very elegant. Personally, I'd go with the oversized washer route (like Twitch states) if I needed to make homemade strap locks.

Comment

Comment

well, I have to say the Grolsch beer bottle washers take the cake for inexpensive strap lock ideas. I was way impressed by their simplicity when I saw them on that other thread.
                  "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Originally posted by tonemonster View Post
                    well, I have to say the Grolsch beer bottle washers take the cake for inexpensive strap lock ideas. I was way impressed by their simplicity when I saw them on that other thread.
                    I love the red Grolsch bottle washers. Any other regular washer will also do.
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Trussrod View Post
                      Before strap locks existed my guitar teacher used the plastic clips that came with loaves of white bread. I tried it once and it worked. It's a good thing strap locks are widely available now that sliced bread comes with a twist tie--lol...
                      Those bread clips do work great. I got some kind of D'Andrea guitar kit years back (cloth, polish, string winder, whatever) and it had a bunch of those bread clips that were labeled as "emergency strap locks".
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                      X