Poll: do you use strap locks??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poll: do you use strap locks??

I find it odd that most people I encounter do not use strap locks on their guitar/bass. why is this?? they are damn cheap insurance IMO. So lets have a show of hands here to see how many use them.
    YES! Strap locks are worth their weight in gold!!
    87.23%
    NO! Strap locks suck!
    8.51%
    What are strap locks???????
    4.26%
    "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

None of the choices in the poll really apply to me.
    I only play sitting down and don't use a strap so have no use for strap locks.
    When (IF?) I get talented enough to play AND stand upright at the same time, a strap lock will definitely be on there!
    My Gear: Stoneman SG-1, Hufschmid Tantalum H6, ESP KH-6, Sully #8 JCF One-Off, Templar GuitarWorks Relic Prototype, James Hetfield Tribal Hunt KL Explorer, Coobeetsa CCG-10-DX PRO Eagle, Schecter Hellraiser C-1 Hybrid, Daly Heiro Custom, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Gibson SG Menace, Peavey Vypyr 60 Tube

"You are dog shit in my shoe." -Newc

Comment

I have straplocks on all my guitars including my $150 squier affinity strat. First $15 spent on every guitar I buy.
      GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Yep. Used the Schaller strap locks for....hell, over 20 years.
        I put them on all guitar builds as well.

Sully
        Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
        Sully Guitars on Facebook
        Sully Guitars on Google+
        Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

OH yea, I forgot to add that I use Jim Dunlop strap locks on every guitar I have.

Comment

..what are strap locks?:dunno:
            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

i voted no, but i DO put dimarzio clip lok straps on all my guitars. i just don't like standard strap locks.
              GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by markD View Post
                i voted no, but i DO put dimarzio clip lok straps on all my guitars. i just don't like standard strap locks.
                Just curious, why??

I just dont understand why people dont use them. I have a friend that has played for 35 years, and he has never used them. I mean, they are damn cheap, and work frickin great.......why not use them???

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
                  ..what are strap locks?:dunno:
                  I was going to put something in the poll about

what are strap locks.

then the last option put: I am not into strap ons, that sort of thing is not my bag, baby.

Comment

Originally posted by tonemonster View Post
                    Just curious, why??

I just dont understand why people dont use them. I have a friend that has played for 35 years, and he has never used them. I mean, they are damn cheap, and work frickin great.......why not use them???
                    i hate how far away the strap is from the body when i use regular strap locks....
                    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

Comment

i hate how far away the strap is from the body when i use regular strap locks....
                      dont the security of the guitar not falling off offset that?? I am really trying to see your point, what does the distance how far the strap is have to do with it? I mean it can help prevent it scratching the guitar too.

Comment

the dimarzio clip lok strap screws into the body. it works the same and is even safer than the strap locks. i had a schaller pair come apart once and my guitar fell. i caught it in time. i have used the dimarzio ever since.
                        GEAR:

and finally....

Comment

Originally posted by sully View Post
                          Yep. Used the Schaller strap locks for....hell, over 20 years.
                          I put them on all guitar builds as well.

Sully
                          I never used to (and still don't have them on all my guitars) but when I got my Sully guitar, those little strap pins didn't feel safe on a regular guitar strap. So I bit the bullet and bought some strap locks. Been gradually switching them on to rest of my collection since
                          Hail yesterday

Comment

i had a schaller pair come apart once and my guitar fell.
                            Whoa, what part came apart? I'm asking b/c I use Schallers and don't want that happening to me! Sometimes I find it a real pain to screw on the tab that goes on the strap end, especially if it's a thicker piece of leather. Sometimes I need a set of vice grips to press the leather enough to start the screw, but then I use 2 wrenches and tighten that bugger on there so nothin takes it off.
                            "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

I use them on odd shapes(RR, Kelly), otherwise with Strats not so much.

Comment

Working...
                              X