EMG solderless kit - Bravo EMG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EMG solderless kit - Bravo EMG

I just installed an 85/81 EMG set in my Agile AL-3000 today. It took me about 30 minutes from start to finish. This did not include the time for the removal of the stock pickups. EMG did a really great job with this product. I know there are some other threads on this subject, but I felt like making my own. I would definitely recommend this product and I will be buying more.
    MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Even the pots have quick connects too. EMG's answer to Seymour Duncan's Liberator.
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
      Even the pots have quick connects too. EMG's answer to Seymour Duncan's Liberator.
      Wasn't EMG's solderless kit released before SD's?
      MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

I believe EMG's first version still required the pots to be soldered, only the pickups had the quick connect pins.
        Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Quick Connect FTW!!!
          sigpic
          Action Jackson

Comment

Love it. My only problem is that I had to solder in my Model 4 because of the mini toggles. Otherwise, great product.

Comment

Actually hard to find, I bought a kit last fall and the only retailer I could find was at Music Solutions an ebay seller by the name Musicsol.
              I put most psychiatrists on the couch.

Comment

http://www.thomann.de/gb/emg_1_or_2_...erless_set.htm
                Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

I found that my solderless kit caused a loss of signal somehow (I suspect the buss) - the pickup didn't quite have the gain and sustain it was supposed to. I tried the kit with EMG X pickups and Duncan Blackouts. Perhaps just a bad component, but a fellow at sevenstring forums suggested the wires should not be bent much or else a bad connection ensues. It's pretty much impossible not to bend 'em if one tries to install the 4 pot & buss system into a Les Paul. (The same happened with my SL2H, so bending cables wasn't the case here) Didn't work with my ESP M-II too well either - the cables were not long enough to reach the jack from the volume pot.. My Ibanez has a HSH configuration, so I'd have to order a new switch... I wasn't very impressed.

Comment

Working...
                  X