Anyone use GFS pickups?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone use GFS pickups?

Getting another guitar soon and I know what the stock pups sound like, they need changed. Was wondering if anyone has or used anything from GFS. Everything I have now has Seymour Duncan in them except for my B C Rich which has Rockfeilds. Been thinking about using some of their Crunchy Rails. Any input would be appreciated.
    I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Bumped. I want to know too!
    JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
    Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

http://www.jcfonline.com/threads/114...ups?highlight=
      HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

I bought a couple of rail pickups on the cheap but haven't installed them yet. They look nice...

Comment

i was kinda hot on them for a while because they are affordable. but after going through a couple in several of my guitars i went back to dropping the cash on duncans or dimarizos.
          GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

I have a set of the GFS Dream 180s in my Kelly and they sound really good.
            Granted, they are not the quality of many of the custom wound pickups, but for the price they really can't be beat.

Dragonfire pickups are even more affordable, but there aren't quite as many choices with them.
            I love the Dragonfire 81/85 actives set. I actually like the sound of them more than my real EMG pups!
            Last edited by DalyTek; 06-08-2011, 03:23 PM.
            My Gear: Stoneman SG-1, Hufschmid Tantalum H6, ESP KH-6, Sully #8 JCF One-Off, Templar GuitarWorks Relic Prototype, James Hetfield Tribal Hunt KL Explorer, Coobeetsa CCG-10-DX PRO Eagle, Schecter Hellraiser C-1 Hybrid, Daly Heiro Custom, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Gibson SG Menace, Peavey Vypyr 60 Tube

"You are dog shit in my shoe." -Newc

Comment

Working...
            X