dx/dk hybrid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dx/dk hybrid

I am in the process of buying a dx10 body. I have a ke3 stamped neck and a j580lp licensed floyd rose tremolo that I was going to install on this body. I know that the dx10d came with the j580lp but the neck that came factory was a reverse headstock. My ke3 neck headstock is pointed down. I assume(not for sure) that the DK series guitars offer the same body style as the dx10d with the headstock pointed down, but will my ke3/ kvx10 neck work on a dx10d body? Thanks.
    I put most psychiatrists on the couch.

it should be you may have a problem with the trem. I think that body can with a jt500 or jt580 and those are copies of a schaller trem. the lp is longer

Comment

When swapping necks you mainly need to be concerned with the number of frets, then the scale length.

22 fret necks with "made for" 22 fret bodies; 24 fret necks with made for" 24 fret bodies.

Then the scales should match, but we seen success with mixing scales.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
        When swapping necks you mainly need to be concerned with the number of frets, then the scale length.

22 fret necks with "made for" 22 fret bodies; 24 fret necks with made for" 24 fret bodies.

Then the scales should match, but we seen success with mixing scales.
        Thanks,thats why I'm looking into buying this body, I'm in the exact same mess right now since you mentioned it. I have a ke3 24 fret neck on a Douglas 22 fret body and you can not tune it, so I was going to make my own Jackson truely and unique.

Comment

Very nice body finish.. It looks somehow similar to my old Gibson LP where I learn how to play guitar.
          Last edited by gavin_rossdale; 06-12-2011, 12:35 PM.

Comment

Sweet sunburst I like it
            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I put a 24 fret KVX10D (the non-Floyded BGF model from a couple of years ago) neck on a DXMGT body (same period). Worked fine, though you may find a slight gap on one side. Nothing too bad, as I recall.
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

i once put a 24 fret USA dinky neck (bought just the neck) on a DX10D body and it was just fine. i put an OFR in the bridge and it was a great guitar!!!!
                GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

oh, if you are buying the body that you have the picture of, it looks like that has the jt500/schaller-type route for the bridge, not the jt580lp bridge route....
                  GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Is the jt580 lp longer where the fine tuners are, or longer across where the saddles are? If it floats over the cavity, what errors would I encounter in such a trem, maybe the edges clipping the body?

Comment

It's longer in the back, where the fine tuners are. If you tried to "float" it (like a non-recessed Floyd) your neck angle would be all wrong and the strings would be a mile above the fretboard.
                      My Gear: Stoneman SG-1, Hufschmid Tantalum H6, ESP KH-6, Sully #8 JCF One-Off, Templar GuitarWorks Relic Prototype, James Hetfield Tribal Hunt KL Explorer, Coobeetsa CCG-10-DX PRO Eagle, Schecter Hellraiser C-1 Hybrid, Daly Heiro Custom, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Gibson SG Menace, Peavey Vypyr 60 Tube

"You are dog shit in my shoe." -Newc

Comment

Working...
                      X